Is anyone still unable to see the Background?

1. Don’t use Stylish! Use Stylus instead! (links see this comment; also note that Stylus works great on the mobile version of FireFox)
  2. Isn’t Edge now based on Chromium? According to Google you could try this:
  1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the main menu (threed-dotted) button in the top-right and select the Extensions option.
  3. Turn on the Allow extensions from other stores toggle switch.
  4. Click the Allow button.
1 Like

At the risk of being snarky, I’m going to say, “Do not use Microsoft Edge”. :wink:

I’ve found it to be incompatible with some pages, and Chrome has much faster load times in my experience. I know people who prefer FireFox, but that seems to want to update itself everyday right when I’m trying to load a page.

But honestly, I only check the forum on my tiny phone that uses Safari, so I haven’t tried to do any of this stylish stuff.

1 Like

Haha! Don’t worry, you’re not being snarky. I don’t use Edge at home. I only use it at work as its the default browser on our laptops. I mean, I could just do some work… :smiley:

1 Like

Edge is not yet officially Chromium. Chromium Edge is in beta stage atm. I tested a lot of Chromium based browsers (as it has to be Chromium for work), and Brave was the best for me.

:warning: I wouldn’t recommend Stylish, since it is a known spyware.

1 Like

:anguished:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Admittedly, it did ask for my permission to keep a record of which sites I was visiting, and I granted it to them without checking their reputation. Next time I’ll be more careful.

According to this list you could try Cascadea which also supports loading styles directly from userstyles.org.

Yeah, but as much as I like seeing the Thimbleweed banner, it’s actually less distracting the way it looks now.

I love my iphone SE because it’s very compact and fits easily in my pocket, but the trade-off is limited screen real estate!

As far as I know on every browser and especially on mobile devices with high DPI the top part still takes a substantial amount of space.

If Chrome is right it looks like a quarter of the height in portrait or nearly half the screen in landscape mode on this phone… :open_mouth:

…and to think I re-played all of Thimbleweed Park on this thing!

2 Likes

Thanks for all this tips about how to fix the footer and which tools are best to use for that.
But it would be much easier if @RonGilbert just fixes the image on the server side. :slight_smile: hint hint

Rohooon, where are you? :joy:

2 Likes

Who knows… maybe…
immagine

3 Likes

Right now I’m unable to see anything TWP specific at all.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with the footer? That’s the least of our problems now :smile:

Well at least I still have my header backgrounds…

Edit: Everything back to normal again. All those white background and strange colours were horrible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

*Header… -.- of course.
Banner, Top Image, whatever. Damn, you know what I´m talking about :rofl:

1 Like

I see some people posting it´s fixed, but I still can´t see the Banner/Header Thingy. No Image for me.

But this link from this post now works

And yes I use “TWP Style” in the settings for the forum.

1 Like

This one (for regular 1080p) doesn’t work, and that’s the one given to me by the stylesheet.

That´s maybe the reason why mine doesn´t work.
Hello Mr. @RonGilbert I summon you once more…

2 Likes

I wonder how is Ron Gilbert.
We don’t hear from him since a lot of time…

He is playing WoW Forager