Is anyone still unable to see the Background?

I still can’t see the background (using Microsoft Edge).

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still can’t see it either, and I’m using Chrome.

If we’re all having this problem, maybe it’s got something to do with Discourse’s recent update (“Totally Revamped Theming” section)?

1 Like

I inspected this a bit. Do not try to see the background picture, that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth…there is no background picture. Then you will see it is not invisible, it is only missing.

I.e.: This background picture URL gives a 404.

4 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

still unable.

1 Like

Same here. Using Safari on iOS.

I posted a copy on the forum a while back. You can put it in a user stylesheet. :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

A whatty-what? :space_invader:

1 Like

Like @Festarossa said, the 404-ing background image is specified in the stylesheet:

header.d-header {
    padding-top: 40px;
    padding-bottom: 40px;
    background-color: #002040;
    background-image: url("https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/flex030/uploads/thimbleweedpark/original/1X/0c33436eebb85e247437fe1c7ac01e5ba510b840.png");
}

There are various methods to override that with your own desired values. Stylish is a popular extension for browsers that don’t have the built-in ability to do so.

Anyhow, so you could override the background image with the URL from this post:

2 Likes

Thanks Frenzie! I installed Stylish and re-added the background.
Ahh, that beautiful skyline… :smile:

2 Likes

PS I didn’t have Stylish available when I typed that, so I wasn’t 100 % sure of the -moz-document syntax, but I’ve double checked and you can import this to Stylish:

@-moz-document url-prefix("https://forums.thimbleweedpark.com") {
header.d-header {
    background-image: url("https://global.discourse-cdn.com/flex030/uploads/thimbleweedpark/original/2X/9/9aebc48bdcff23ba6cfe6cb55fb958ab319a4c1e.png");
}
}

(Or just wait for someone to fix the site. Once someone with sufficient rights notices it should be a quick fix.)

1 Like

@RonGilbert
Do you have the file somewhere? It looks so much better with it on top.

2 Likes

Which file? You can find the background in the post above yours.

Thanks. This was more of an invitation to fix the site :slight_smile:

And I appreciate the information, I have also fixed the image links of all my custom backgrounds!

(I thought letting the forum host the backgrounds is the most safe way…, oh well :slight_smile:)

But the footer already says Official Thimbleweed Park Forums powered by Discourse.?

(i.e. it has been fixed in the mean time)

1 Like

Btw. you may not have seen this thread yet, but this question by LowLevel started the creation of my custom backgrounds:

1 Like

Perhaps a URL in the comment? :slight_smile:

I use Microsoft Edge, does anyone know any good add-ons that could install the background image? Stylish seems to only work on Chrome and subsidiary browsers