Is the new Twin Peaks series good enough?

Hmm… does it feel like the story has no direction at all? Do you perceive them as random events with no links between them?

It’s good. I listen to a lot of electronic music but the style that I prefer is characterized by more distinctive electronic sounds and faster rhythms.

Thanks for the opinion. I’m quite sure that I’ll subscribe to a network. :slight_smile:

Oh no, it seems there is a lot of significance to everything that is there. It´s not like they´re pulling out random cryptic things out of their behinds. It all means something, but I´m sure even after it´s over it will be ripe for discussion for years to come.

It´s mostly Tangerine Dream for me, because they have so many fantastic tunes. But I also listen to a lot of Eno but mainly to relax or very late at night.[quote=“LowLevel, post:21, topic:898”]
Thanks for the opinion. I’m quite sure that I’ll subscribe to a network
[/quote]

Poe´s Law, man!

This reminds me of a recent PnC adventure game.

I´m sure Ron would love it, but I don´t think he watches it. If he does, he wouldn´t admit it publicy. Not after that tweet at showtime.

Edit: I only now noticed that he already replied in this thread confirming what I already gathered.

Maybe I was talking about Paradigm.

Oh my god, is that sloth the president of the USA?:fearful:

I tried to watch the original shows but couldn’t get past 3 episodes.
It’s too soap opera for me. The acting is SO BAD. It gets slow so many times. I didn’t find the mystery compelling enough.
Maybe at the time it was cool, but it aged poorly. It doesn’t hold a candle to Fargo.

I do like TP, but I agree of my favorite shows this season (Fargo, TP, Better Call Saul, and American Gods), Fargo takes the cake. Season 2 I think was the best thing I’ve ever seen on TV.

I seem to be pretty alone in this, but everytime we spend a longer amount of time with Jimmy´s plotline (who is the star of the series afterall) I can´t help but think “can´t we get back to Mike´s story?” which I find infinitly more interesting. Maybe because there´s higher stakes there, I don´t know.

On the basis that I’ve loved all the other series on your list, I’m going to have to give Fargo a go. I liked the film, though I get the sense the show is quite different?

I thought it was weird at first that they made it into a TV series, but other than the location, and the Cohen Bros. sensibility it’s its own thing. Season 1 was OK, but 2-3 were really great… especially the music.

Cool, thanks. I shall have to check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hopefully not too much of a spoiler:

Looks good - I like the style of it. And see what you mean about the music.

Fargo is amazing. Season 3 not so much, but still worth it.

1 Like

First you need to consider this: Twin Peaks started it all. TP invented a style and a modern way of bringing drama on television. And it’s oriented towards younger people, that was the original idea of Lynch, making a series young people could watch with friends on saturday evenings. But the story, thrilling and horror and the genius idea that turned a set decorator into one of the most frightening character ever, BOB, the evil.

The new Twin Peaks is basically David Lynch 100%, total Eraserhead style. It’s his visionary power, if you notice most of the hidden details in the series are events that really happened in his own life. The little man from another place is been replaced by an electricity tree and a psyco dwarf killer try to kill Dougie. Lynch had a dispute with actor M.J Anderson in real life. The personification of the mother of all evils is a naked ethereal woman with no face (he saw a naked woman covered in blood when he was a little child, a traumating experience)

Also the episode 8 is brilliant in his apparent non sense. The atomic explosion creates the evil as far as we know. And even if at first glance you see 10 min of crazy inside nuclear power activity there are hidden details even there. It’s just amazing. Once you find them you will realize how things really connect each other in an absolutely brilliant way. Like a Hieronymus Bosch painting, the devil is in the details!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I think I saw some crazy shapes inside there, like people or faces or objects or something. Besides that I agree with everything you said.

1 Like

With my cousin and other friend we ended up to a connection between the green ring and the green trinitite (Alamogordo glass) that atomic explosion has produced. If you consider that the ring is cursed and that evil goes through electricity.

An interesting theory I read was that the atomic bomb created a place of absolute evil (the black lodge) and that the ray of light that came from the giants head that projected an image of Laura Palmer ane her angelic features into a crystal ball marked the creation of the white lodge.

Yes not sure about the creation of the white lodge, maybe has even more remote origins but for sure the explosion starts an alarm of great danger coming, sort of a dimensional portal for evil forces to pass through. I think also Dougie world is been all set up by BOB (bad Cooper) to brake his return to the black lodge.