Is the new Twin Peaks series good enough?

Who do you think these beings are that assist Bad Cooper and prevent him from being killed?

they are actually the purveyors of evil lip balm:

ā€œGot a light?ā€

3 Likes

I donā€™t know exactly, but they have been attracted/created after the bomb and all were black lodge spirits (like the Chalford grandma and her nephew)

Thanks for the details! :slight_smile:

If the third paragraph of your post depicts events in the new series, may I ask you to blur them as well? I stopped reading as soon as I had the impression that they were a description of what happens. :stuck_out_tongue:

Old Coop is finally back!!! OMG that scene was so great!!!

Also Eddie Vedder killed it! How do you top that for the finale?

1 Like

Holy cow!

I am the FBI!

1 Like

Oops, I need to catch up on thisā€¦

Please do! I would love to recap with all of you next week!

1 Like

Iā€™m caught up! Wow, the episode where Coop is back was so good. And seconded re Eddie Vedder - rounded it off so well.

Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t leave it to the finale to bring him back - I was starting to worry theyā€™d do that.

Bits I liked:

Coopā€™s return (especially accompanied by the original theme music)
The return of Audreyā€™s dance
Dianeā€™s powerful reveal that sheā€™s a tulpa

The Mitchum Brothers quips (ā€˜what the fu*k kind of neighbourhood is this?ā€™)

Bits I canā€™t fathom (but will probably be wrapped up):
What are the seeds for?

Has Diane been a tulpa all along?

Is there significance to Diane being revealed as Janeyā€™s half sister?)

Iā€™m moving house tomorrow when theyā€™re showing the final two episodes back to back, and our TV subscription wonā€™t transfer in timeā€¦ nooooooo! :scream:

2 Likes

IĀ“d love to see Kyle McLachlan get at least an Emmy nomination because by now he basically has played three vastly different roles, and the way you were able to instanly recognize Coop as himself when he came back just shows what a great character heĀ“s always been.

I can only answer your two questions with 1) Possibly and 2) Not sure but isnĀ“t that the kind of ambiguity youĀ“re used to anyway after watching the show? :wink:

I think we can wait for you, so no worries! :slight_smile:

Me too. Iā€™m relieved they brought back original Coop when they did, though. He plays Dougie really well but I canā€™t help think itā€™s a slight waste of his talent!

Aw, thanks! I might have to self-enforce a media blackout in the meantime.

Well I think it clearly showed his range, especially if you factor in his evil persona.

Yikes! Good luck with that :+1: , hopefully it wonĀ“t have to be too long!

WHAT?!?!?!!?!??!?!

2 Likes

I second thatā€¦

Huge spoiler (I think?) so do not click if you havenĀ“t seen the finale.
But I just saw someone post this and canĀ“t stop laughing:

"Spoilers" for the very end of the finale

I just wanted to thank you all for using spoiler tags on everything. I really appreciate it.

To answer your initial question, now that IĀ“ve seen all episodes. ItĀ“s definitly worth seeing, but itĀ“s also worth the wait until it comes out on whatever format(I wouldnĀ“t subscribe to anything, for one show anyway). If you can avoid spoilers that is.

Why would that be better?

I didnĀ“t say it was, did I?

Excuse me, IĀ“m still confused from watching the Twin Peaks Finaleā€¦

After reading some comments about the finale, Iā€™m still confused too. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say in order to keep this spoiler freeā€¦

But I caught myself comparing Coop in his suit to Agent Reyes and it made me laugh. It all comes back around full circle.