It seems that Germans profoundly love adventure games. Is it true? If so, why?

Italian Fascists!

Oh those are okay for germany! Though I´m gonna guess most WWII games either take place in france or the pacific and not in Anzio.

So you want a game with 10 minutes of FBI warnings (multiple languages of course) and multiple game trailers before the actual game starts? :stuck_out_tongue: j/k

Yeah, good old VHS days!

I might have heard this like a million times.

With VHS you could at least use fast-forward. Hardware DVD-players often didn’t allow skipping this stuff (i.e. the pirates won again).

Yes I´ve also seen the children singing their imprisoned father a birthday song like a thousand times. Another one I´ve seen on a few UK DVDs that has a blacksmith hammering on a DVD while dark music plays in the backround and the british announcer says in an ominious tone:“THE PIRATES ARE OUT TO GET YOU!!!”

That might be a good warning to give to Guybrush.

I noticed in recent years that pirate speech gravitates generally more towards the british accent anyway.

That was the worst joke. You buy the DVD and can’t ski this bullshit.

Of course pirated DVDs didn’t have this limitation.
At leas Universal Blurays are now better, they show a short “thx for buying” and AFAIR it’s skipable.

As for UK - IT Crowd nailed it:

It made me think of that too :laughing:

If I remember correctly, without watching the video: YOU WOULDN’T POO IN A POLICEMAN’S HELMET AND HAND IT TO HIS GRIEVING WIDOW

IT Crowd rocks.

1 Like

…AND STEAL IT AGAIN!

100% true!

2 Likes

That’s so much nicer than an FBI warning!

1 Like

Good old days when the last two words of a movie were “The End” instead of “criminal prosecution”…

Btw. I’ve watched this clip from Nostalgia Critic and found it very interesting:

Yes, actually since watching it I took notice of the “elaborate credits put at the end movies before the rolling credits” thing. And it´s true, it´s almost in all major movies now. Though I also noticed that Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 had a great opening sequence.

No, no. No no no no no.

The, I quote, “elaborate credits put at the end movies before the rolling credits” are the most important thing in my movie watching setup right now.

The difference in how my daughters react is remarkable. New movies are easier to handle for two reasons: first of all, the movie starts directly instead of having a long series of writings they can’t read or understand or care about. So even if the intro is nicely done, like 101 Dalmatians or The Aristocats or Monsters Inc. (the most recent movie I can remember had an opening credit), they get bored.

But the most important part is the end credit. It helps a lot to bargain and negotiate. They have time to accept the fact that the movie is over and it’s time to go to bed, so they still might watch it because it’s elaborate and they still want to “watch TV”, no matter what’s on, but it gradually goes to just a series of writings and they get bored and gladly accept to turn off everything.

And there’s another problem, in my TV. A movie like The Aristocrats ends right after the words “The End”,
and since my TV media player has a volume way lower than normal TV, before turning everything off I have to lower the volume by 20 units or so, and I’m sometimes too slow in stopping the movie after the end screen. And the media player begins with a new film. And if it’s Home on the range, my youngest daughter recognizes it from the very first frame and begins to cry if we turn it off (I don’t know why she loves that movie so much).

So, long live the end credits before the credit roll.

But I HATE the extra scene at the end of everything. I mean, it’s cool and all, but as I described above, it’s a nightmare. If they know there will be an extra scene (Big hero 6, Brave, Moana) then it’s time to fight again.

2 Likes

I love the way how your last paragraph about tacked on scenes is itself tacked on after the closing sentence. :smile:

3 Likes

And what about the occasional post-credits scenes? They’ll never see them! :scream:

Well…

But this means I have to read everything before answering! :scream: (Sorry for overlooking. :sweat_smile:)

1 Like