Just released adventure games

And I now have all GOG Wolfenstein games… again.

First impressions are mildly negative.

• Weird controls: press E to pick up stuff like an annoying modern shooter, and Left Alt + S for some kind of bizarre extra far down crouch. This took me way too much effort to figure out. The game almost seems like it was made for a controller, which works a lot better, except then you suffer from using a controller. But since this doesn’t seem to be the kind of shooter where movement precision matters too much, this kind of thing may be the Steam controller’s time crowning achievement. Pity the Xbox One controller rumbles much better though.
  • It seems surprisingly easy in Bring It On. That’s not really a negative, because you can change the difficulty up or down at any time. But I thought Half-Life on normal was plenty challenging pretty much from the get-go.
  • Cutscene movies. No, you haven’t earned it. But at least there are no QTEs in 'em.
  • Somewhat ugly game so far, in UHD with everything maxed out. Doesn’t really matter of course, but it’s not a visual feast like Remember Me or Tomb Raider.

Positive remarks:

• Health slowly regenerates like a modern shooter, but imo that’s a good thing. Otherwise you’re just going around with quick save/quick load until you don’t lose (too much) health in an encounter.
  • You can sneak up on guards and silent kill them, like in the original games (and was that also in RtCW?)
  • Metal Nazi guard dogs