Just released adventure games

Yes, it’s that type of game.

Hello. I’m Nor Treblig. You now know a person who has completed Flashback. It’s not a particular hard game, but if you don’t know people who liked those PoP-gameplay type of games you probably don’t know anyone else who has completed this game.
I, for instance, don’t know anyone who has completed any NFL, NBA, FIFA sort of game (assuming they have some sort of career mode).

I agree on that. I don’t understand that they didn’t even show one single screenshot titled “classic mode” or something like that.

I have enough :moneybag: to pay the electricity to power any PC video game I want.
Such performance concerns can be valid for mobile games, but complaining about this Unity running more inefficiently than the original Flashback using e.g. DOSbox emulation is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Hello, but I don’t know you.

It’s less about if you can afford something. It’s about how it feels to you and how beautiful a solution is. Personally I think, it’s utterly disgraceful if you consider the hardware the game once was running on and what it consumes today, regardless of the platform (and btw. you easily run into issues on notebooks already).

I thought I know you. But then it made ∗pop∗ and it turned out your pixelated balloon face was not real :cry:

Well… it’s a remastered version, including new features. You can’t expect them to build on the original code base, especially since they want to support multiple modern platforms.

They should have added the original game (or its data files) though.

Edit: I’ve installed the game and it does include all the original data files! So everyone not being happy with their remastered version can play it with REminiscence instead.

I’m sorry.

The new features don’t justify the increase.titch

Btw. why isn’t TWP available on itch?

And speaking of itch, does anyone know, what the current state of Dexter Starbucks is?

45 posts were split to a new topic: TWP on itch.io and Citizen of the Future

I think I have seen this one being mentioned before, but not in this thread:

GRIS was released on GOG and Steam a couple of days ago.
It’s more of a puzzle-platformer adventure game and has a very nice art style:

2 Likes

103, a Kickstarter financed game (that I missed somehow; also it’s on time, WTF??), was released yesterday.
It’s a casual adventure game, about an hour long, no hard puzzles.

You can get it on Steam + OST.
And itch.io + OST.

3 Likes

The artwork above looks fantastic…
I’m not sure about spending $9.99 on a one hour game, though. :thinking:

That´s the world of VR. :frowning:

There are services which cost more than $10 an hour, like … or a foot massage.

It depends on the market but also on the type of game you’re buying (you’ll get more than an hour from Beat Saber, Table Tennis, Tennis …).

I’d say that’s a pretty good price for an hour long massage!

I guess that’s why they make demos, to see if it will be worth it before you buy.

Yeah but the $10 foot massage is only for one foot. If you want satisfaction for both of your feet, they’ll charge you extra, and then the $10 foot massage gets rather expensive.

1 Like

So for $1 you can get a one-toe massage? :smile:

1 Like

No man, for one dollar nothing is gonna happen.

They shortly might rub their pinky between your toes, just enough, so that you can’t leave without taking the $10 foot massage.

1 Like

Re-Release of “Superhero League of Hoboken” on Gog:

https://www.gog.com/game/superhero_league_of_hoboken

3 Likes

And initial release of Mage’s Initiation (which is more of an Adventure/RPG hybrid, inspired by Quest for Glory, I guess)

https://www.gog.com/game/mages_initiation_reign_of_the_elements

2 Likes

A game from 1994 I haven’t heard before. Though there are clearly RPG elements with fighting and taking care of a party, people also say it’s quite adventury. Interesting.

Example quote:

This is a really smart, funny and clever RPG with point-and-click adventure elements. Steve Meretzky at his peak.

2 Likes

Rainswept on Gog:

https://www.gog.com/game/rainswept

and Steam:

(Looks a little bit like The Darkside Detective… :thinking:)

1 Like