Just released adventure games

Good Oooold Games really had to think a looooong time about if they should release a game which requires at least Windows 10 :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe you can emulate it on Windows 95…? :thinking:

1 Like

Timelie was now released on GOG.
It’s not really an adventure game but more of a puzzle game, turn-based, not too long, good reviews on Steam.

I like the art direction!

3 Likes

Midnight Scenes: The Highway (Special Edition) by Octavi has been released on itch.io and Steam!

3 Likes

Great news, but still no Linux version! :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Beyond a Steel Sky is now also available on Steam. Should come to GOG too…

7 Likes

One of the best stories ever!

Oh, did you already play it? Steam version?

An exploration game about dementia has been released recently:
Before I Forget on itch.io and Steam:

1 Like

Great topic for a game, I got excited for a second. Last year I had a short story published inspired by dementia and I was wondering how it would translate to a game, so this got my attention. Sadly… no. It looks like a sappy self-help “game”. Which is fine I suppose, for some people.

Possible tagline: “It was never more important to have a game on your wishlist than this one!”

1 Like

Not this version, I was referring to the original one, released in the past century.

1 Like

I see! Still waiting for the (basically confirmed) GOG release…

1 Like

Guys this one is good… And free.

A maniac Mansion clone. I played for 15 min and it’s polished. There is attention to detail. Don’t miss it…

5 Likes

Creaks by Amanita Design has now been released on GOG and Steam!

4 Likes

Ohh. A new Amanita game. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

Röki, a heartfelt adventure game that marries old school point and click ideas with a modern fairytale narrative that’s both charming and devastating in equal measure.
A Scandinavian-inspired story. The main character (a girl), instead of dead bodies, she’s collecting celestial stone discs, strange sophorus flowers, and jars of sticky black goo.

Available on steam, 15% off

4 Likes

Röki on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/roki

2 Likes

Playing it now. But be aware that’s not a P&C adventure. It’s more like a puzzle platform game. Very nicely done though.

3 Likes

just released: “Betrayed Alliance”. A quest for glory 1 clone. I sense this is going to be good…

http://sciwiki.sierrahelp.com/index.php?title=Betrayed_Alliance_Book_1

1 Like

I started playing and I´m really liking it! The humour is on par with the first game, there are a lot of references to the first game even some familar musical cues pop up here and there.

I really like that new hacking mechanic they added which is simple but clever and fun.

You also can die in the game just like in the first one, however the autosave always sets you back immedietly before that, so nothing will ever be lost if you do something fatally wrong.

It is a little glitchy though (like when you do an action and haven´t come close enough to the object you´re approaching you just statically float there and the NPCs that keep walking around while you talk with others often get stuck or pile up on each other) and the graphics aren´t perfect especially in the faces.

But overall a big recommendation!

5 Likes