Just released adventure games

Of course if you haven’t played Nine Witches, go play that instead. That’s a masterpiece

1 Like

In which way is Nine Witches related to Nightmare Frames? Are they both horror games?

it’s related only in the sense that you have to choose which one to play. :slight_smile:

nine witches is a masterpiece in atmosphere, especially due to the nighttime setting, which will give you some Monkey1 vibes.
Puzzle wise it has very high quality. Atmosphere wise it is monkey island quality. You’ll also get indy3 vibes due to the nazis.

The only real flaw are some rushed dialogs near the middle, in particular some easy poop jokes that reveal the game does not take itself seriously enough. But if you don’t mind that, it’s a lucasarts quality game. initially you will be thrown off by the controls, but you will soon get used to them.
PS: no jump scares in nine witches. it is comedy.

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding it to me, it really seems something that I would enjoy more. :slight_smile:

Although the game is short and ends in less than 40 minutes but it’s fun, this game is from my country, character animations are great and it reminds me a bit of “The Curse of Monkey Island”, plus it’s very cheap.

2 Likes

The highly-anticipated remastered edition of the seminal Westwood Studios classic Blade Runner is here at last.

Join Ray McCoy hunting down a gang of replicants on:
Steam
GOG
PS4
Nintendo Switch
Xbox

4 Likes

Huh, I didn’t know that was in the works. And I just bought the original on GOG recently-ish, grml.

I would like to recommend our own @Guga ’s game Where Wolf?

I watched my son play it and we had a lot of laughs! :grinning:

…we did have to consult a walkthrough one or two times due to impatience, but if I had more time I’d bet we would have figured it out eventually.

9 Likes

It’s a great little game, I enjoyed especially the sniffing-based puzzle because it was different from all the others. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! That was hilarious. I haven’t seen that before. It took me a while to catch on to the semi-random nature of the smell puzzles.

It happened to me too - I mean, not for Where Wolf, because that’s my game :laughing: but for other AdvJam2022 games.

As long as you thought “yeah, I could have gotten it” after reading the solution, I’m fine :smile:

You’re Italian, so tell us: did you attend some schools ran by nuns? Because it seems like 90% of the people born before 1985 did :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:
My recommendation from the jam would be The Witch's Lullaby by Honza Vávra, PacoDiago
There are other great games, like The Gay Agenda (DON’T PLAY IT WITH YOUR KIDS THOUGH UNLESS THEY’RE AT LEAST 15 :sweat_smile: ) and The Mysterious Gear Chest, but The Witch’s Lullaby is my favorite. Great art, great puzzles, great story, nice humor but most importantly great pacing. Other games start a bit too slow or get interesting too late, this time Honza made a small masterpiece.

1 Like

Incredibly, yes, but only for a few days. I was terrorized by the austerity of that place and asked my parents to go elsewhere.

The next school was quite rigid but at least they weren’t bloodthirsty military monsters constantly preying/praying over my soul.

1 Like

So I assume you liked my depiction of the clergy in the game :rofl: I spent five years in elementary school and my teacher was Sister Adolf. I mean, she didn’t have the mustache - or at least not that kind - but Sister Adolf is based on my teacher in both physical appearance and behavior.

3 Likes

Oh, was it a game? I thought it was a very accurate documentary.

Now I understand! I erroneously thought it was a reference to the soup nazi.

I’m sorry for the five years. Detention sucks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the rec! My kid played Witch’s Lullaby and finished it (I guess that means it was cool?)

I thought the art style looked a little blurry, but for a 2week adv jam I couldn’t complain. Kudos to anyone who actually finishes a game in that time!

1 Like

It did, in fact he’s remaking it in high-res. I don’t know why it was like that, his style is a bit blurry in itself, but his other games looked sharper :man_shrugging:t2: I found it helped to play in windowed mode.

2 Likes

Stray seems like a descendant of the best point-and-click adventure games of the '90s. It is the best user-rated game of 2022 on Steam.

4 Likes

I need to buy Stray.

1 Like

2 Likes