Kellogg's coupons

I agree too!

3 Likes

I thought pupil was like the favorite student. As in pupillo in Italian.

Here that would be ‘teacher’s pet’.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he only says kids and children in The Wall.

I only really see ‘pupil’ used in things like formal instructions on a standardized test. I think it’s still a legitimate synonym for student, but just a little antiquated.

Yeah I wasn´t only thinking about Another Brick Part 2 but the whole album. But I think that´s the only song on the album that´s about school.

Seems it´s even rarer in the US than in the the UK. And since young students have been a lot in the news media lately I haven´t heard the word pupil even once.

I forgot all about it until this morning! Glad I remembered - that was really good :smile:

1 Like

It´s good to know I didn´t offend anyone! :smiley:

1 Like

I read Poe´s Raven, now too. Anyone besides @ema and @guga wanna hear it?

(this is by far the strangest topic title ever to write something like this in).

2 Likes

me

short post to annoy discourse on purpose

2 Likes

There you go. It´s long and I cracked up a few times, though.

2 Likes

quoth the raven
pffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

…nevermoooooore :joy:

Thank you for uploading this! You read it very well, and it really cheered me up :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think a new thread title is in order, so that everyone will notice your excellent storytelling skills!
Hope you don’t mind, @ZakPhoenixMcKracken :blush:

3 Likes
2 Likes

That’s amazing :grin: you read it really well and the cracking up bits are definitely a bonus.

It’s such a good poem but I hadn’t quite grasped before how many times he says ‘chamber door’.

My last sentence rhymes and I heard it in Milan’s voice :laughing:

2 Likes

You know, for some reason saying chamber door at the end of so many lines feels somewhat relieving after many of those other old timey words, I don´t know what that is.

I tried my best at doing a Christopher Lee like voice and obviously failing since my voice isn´t near low enough for that, and it was still hard to talk that way for so long. But I tried little things like that rolling r (like the way he said “Horror” for instance) which either must be an old timey thing or an upper class thing, I don´t know. I usually hear people talk like that who dress fancy at the same time.

Thank you and the others too for the nice words anyway, that way it is even more fun doing stuff like that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:point_right: Werner Herzog narrates a Football Match :point_left:

grafik
Picture from google
Ambience sound from youtube
Text by me

3 Likes

“There are animals in the zoo, not like those in the Wald” :grin:

The intonation you used sounds a lot like him! Ramblings on a different subject used for reference.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I´ve seen lots of documentaries by him that he narrates himself as well as interviews. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys,
I’ve been searching for these Kellog’s boxes in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia with no luck! Are those still available anywhere?
I’d love to get my hands on at least one coupon so if someone could do me a favor and buy them for me, please? You can keep the cereals but I’ll pay for them and for shipping, of course?