Let's play.... DOS games!

My daughters began playing “the floor is lava” too and I’m sure I did not teach them. That’s odd.

But, yes, she already saw the “bear trap”. In fact, that’s the thing I said her after the spikes. “Now the bear trap! SDENG! SDENG! SDENG!” and she tried to time her jumps with my noises.

2 Likes

I’m so proud of your teaching methods! :smile:

1 Like

And real life Prince of Persia is one hell of a fitness sport!

As far as I know, I am the culprit who introduced your daughter to PoP! :grinning:

2 Likes

No, she already knew it :stuck_out_tongue: remember how you told her “I don’t think I have games here” and she recognized the DosBox icon and said “yes, you do have games on this computer”

3 Likes

Isn’t it time we all did?

2 Likes

I think I haven’t played PoP since something like '93.

PS I don’t like Sands of Time. It’s… okay.

OK, so who wants to play the real version of Doom 2?
Currently you can get the original disks for cheap on eBay:

Edit: He is raising money for Christy Marx and Randy Littlejohn who lost their home in the fire.

3 Likes

I do it, from time to time.

Although I never played Doom 2
Or Doom 1, for that matter…

We played a fair bit of Doom 95 multiplayer. I don’t recall much of it compared to Quake 2 & 3.

Yes, sure!

This one looks way more entertaining

2 Likes

The $3200 bid was cancelled, so now for cheap for real!

Staying on the current topic (Doom):
You can pre-order boxed versions by John Romero of Megawad until 24th of December:

SIGIL Standard Edition Box PC Megawad for $39.99

SIGIL Beast Box PC Megawad for $166.00:

I jumped with joy at the news at first, but I guess the free dlc won´t work with my copy of The Ultimate Doom (I think it said somewhere it has to be the original 1993 one).

I saw that too, not sure why that really is. We can still “find” the original somewhere…

1 Like

Without having seen the statement in question, it seems more plausible that someone wanted to distinguish it from the recent Bethesda Doom game? :stuck_out_tongue:

I should make that my life credo. I could be so careless. So happy. Ahhh, yes. :relieved:

Seriously though. That would be a bit condescending of an assumption, right?

This vagueness at least made me a bit unsure if it would work with the version I have (which happens to be the only one on GOG at the moment.)

It’s not like I didn’t look, and to top it off it’s not like you linked or quoted it, either. :wink: I looked some more and indeed found https://www.romerogames.ie/sigil/

The free megawad will be released in mid- February 2019 and requires players own the original 1993 registered version of DOOM® in order to play.

I apologize to people born after 2000 then.

Edit: Reading on a bit further I saw this:

To make it work, you basically drag the SIGIL.WAD file onto gzdoom.exe (or gzdoom.app on a Mac).

Mhhh, will have to check again.

Link to GZDoom:

https://zdoom.org/index

If it’s running with GZDoom, it should work with The Ultimate Doom too.

1 Like