Let's play...Sega games!

That could be it. But no Idea if cross play is possible. As far I know it works for some games like Friday The 13th for example.

There was also MI 1 for the Mega CD/Sega CD. Though, Ron was probably not involved in that port. And, the device only supported 64 colors.

1 Like

AFAIK the Mega CD port was based on the MI VGA CD version. During that port Ron worked already on MI2.

1 Like

In my opinion, it’s a pity that those console collections are so similar. There has been a very similar collection for the previous generation of consoles already. We will never ever get the Sega CD version of Monkey Island in a collection, neither would we get the NES/Famicom version of MM on a mini console. :frowning:

1 Like

Well, if you really want, there are ways you can do that :roll_eyes: -for scholar reasons, just to compare the versions.
Still then, in both cases, the console versions are way inferior to any of the computer versions.

1 Like

That’s true. There always have been more appropriate platforms for point & click adventure games. Arcade games were dominating on consoles back then.

Nonetheless playing the NES/Famicom version of MM would have been interesting to me. I know that there are unofficial ways, but I don’t like to pirate a SCUMM game.

Wow, first off add Dragon Crystal AND Crystal Warriors to the list of Game Gear games I had. I only recently saw gameplay of those online going “Wow, I remember those!”

Also I am now pretty sure that girl I shared a hospital room with actually had a Master System and not a Mega Drive. The Wonder Boy game I remember was not a Mega Drive Game and Moonwalker was in fact on the Master System as well making the by then slightly older console more likely. I also remember the boxes being white instead of black (also found the grid style they had pretty cool).

1 Like