Netflix (and other VOD) recommendations

Loved that since I was little. Even got the tape and book for Christmas and treasured it.

A lot of the art has been recycled from The Jungle Book but it is still brilliant!

2 Likes

Turns out it`s the knife the japanese kitchen chef cuts the blowfish with it. What do you wanna do to me with this? :cold_sweat:

Now this exquisite choice of words made me near uncross my previous statement! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hocho Ken Prototype?

Not yet. But Will Arnett sounds hilarious in that role!

2 Likes

Just started watching that :slightly_smiling_face:

Ohhh, erk!

Nothing at the moment. It was to signify violent films.

:joy: I’ve just unliked that because I decided it was more worthy of a smiley

Back on Robin Hood, I hadn’t realised the artwork was borrowed from other Disney films. Oh well, resourceful! Either way that fox is amazing. I’m going to have to watch that again soon.

2 Likes

:scream:

I got that, after I wrote that. Obviously you went through many emotions during that string of emojis I got a little confused for a moment. :upside_down_face:

Fun Fact: Prince John who is voiced by Sir Peter Ustinov (who was fluent in german) is voiced by him in the german version, too!

2 Likes

Check this out! Baloo and Little John were exactly the same just wearing different clothes and slightly dif colouring. I think it is VERY clever but …

1 Like

I think I also read that Dumbo was at the time considered to be a cheaper movie because all of Disney´s efforts went into Fantasia at the time. So Dumbo turned out to be much shorter than Bambi and Snow White and they also saved a lot on the animaton.

In the end, no one cares now. Dumbo is fine (weird but fine).

1 Like

I liked it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My only quandary with Disney is all the racism in them :frowning: you never notice it when you are a kid but now…

Re: The crows in Dumbo: You also don´t notice that in the german version (to me they were always supposed to be just gangsters and they´re voiced by white people in germany).

1 Like

I saw them as gangsters too here in the UK I had never heard of the Crow laws so didn’t understand, but later you get it. But there is stuff like that all through Disney films unfortunately.

They’ve seen all of Disney :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, we went to Disneyland twice in the last two years, we needed them to be prepared.

Robin Hood is not one of their favorites, though. They prefer the Aristocats. My oldest daughter once asked me “what’s a crat?” after having heard the word “aristocrats” (in The Emperor’s new Groove, by the way). That made me laugh, but it made sense in her view.

1 Like

I love The Aristocats :smile: and that logic totally makes sense, bless.

2 Likes

It was sooooo important for you to add that, I´d been thinking of something else… :sweat:

It was important.

Why? Because The Emperor’s new Groove is without any doubt the best movie of all time.

2 Likes

No, that’s a “A Fish Called Wanda”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But “The Emperor’s new Groove” is very close…

1 Like

No, but that one also starts with “The Emp…”

Glow:

My favourite line of season two (and the whole show so far) comes from the She Wolf who, when they were talking about Cheers said:

“I like Cheers, it´s that show about an invisible woman named Vera!” that tiny little reference describes her character so brilliantly, it´s genius! :+1:

1 Like