Netflix (and other VOD) recommendations

Now this isn’t Netflix, but on Alibi in the UK they have started to show a brilliant detective program about a woman who has a syndrome meaning she has total recall. But the only thing she can’t remember is details about her sister’s murder. She became a detective to solve that case, and when they closed it, she left the police force. She has been hooked back into it by her old boyfriend (also a cop), and now she is a special advisor.

I wasn’t expecting much and it is bloody brilliant. Nice strong female lead. Clever well written stories. It got cancelled 3 times but managed 4 series. About 60 episodes?

You should check it out if that is in any way your kind of thing.V1_UX182_CR0%2C0%2C182%2C268_AL

I’ve always noticed that those older Disney movies/cartoons are just so mean. It’s only later that I realized they were even meaner to specific groups.

The Emperor’s New Groove is pretty darned good (and one of the last of an era) but Lilo & Stitch is Disney’s crowning achievement.

2 Likes

Agreed!! :smile:
I have a Stitch collection - pics here and here!

1 Like

Haha, wow! We have a giant Stitch somewhere, but atm I can only find this mug:

1 Like

You cannot find him, despite him being giant? :open_mouth:

1 Like

lol, I didn’t look too hard. I’m sure it’s in a bag in the closet somewhere, not currently on display. Think of it as monitor sized.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t keep any coffee in there… :grinning:

I don’t frequently drink coffee. Besides, it’s really more my wife’s cup. :wink:

1 Like

I was thinking more along these lines :wink:

coffee

3 Likes

Btw, our Lilo & Stich DVD is in English, Dutch, Dutch (Flemish) and French.

1 Like

Yeah, Walt Disney was a **** basically.

We bought our daughters two Stitch shirts :smiley: you know, they keep asking us whether they are twins (despite the two years difference) so we thought, might as well start dressing them like twins. So, same shirt for both. They adore it.

1 Like

Since stitch was after my time (I´m a little mermaid guy…does that sound weird or what?) I don´t really have any kind of connection to this. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There’s not really any way that can sound okay.

4 Likes

That was my absolute favourite Disney film when I was younger!

2 Likes

I remember crooning to the songs on my Disney compilation cassettes.

:musical_note: What is a fire and why does it… What’s the word… Burrrrrrrn? :musical_note: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What does that mean? There’s no such thing. I regularly watch every new Disney movie :stuck_out_tongue: and when a wild Let it go appears, I’m the one who sings the loudest.

3 Likes

It was one of the very first films I saw at a movie theater (in fact it was the very one I talked a bit about on here, lately)

You have kids. I don´t.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t when Lilo&Stitch came out :stuck_out_tongue: that doesn’t make a difference anyway, I’ve always been a Disney fan, so is my wife. Of course, now that we have kids we watch way more Disney movies than usual, but still

1 Like

Meh, can´t I watch something violent instead?

2 Likes