Petition: Disney, please sell the rights to 'Monkey Island' back to its creator Ron Gilbert

Phuck*, you´re right!

*My mind refuses to bleep made up words.

1 Like

Programming, obviously!
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh that infamous P word you can´t say on american TV…oh wait, I think that´s actually true! :joy:

The other day Nushi hit me in the penis with her tail. And her tail really hits you hard no matter where.

I think Americans tend to call it a “Wiener”.

Just crossed my mind:
James Cameron’s movie Terminator 2 was released in 1991.
The same year Ron Gilbert’s game LeChuck’s Revenge: Monkey Island 2 was released.

Cameron hasn’t been part of the three subsequent Terminator movies.
Gilbert hasn’t been part of the three subsequent Monkey Island games.

Now, after 5 Terminator movie titles, Cameron is making a Terminator “3a” movie.
There are 5 Monkey Island titles, so it would be fitting to get the Monkey Island 3a from Ron Gilbert.

Let’s hope this similarity continues :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of similarities.

@Dany82 Maybe your next crossover fan-game can be called “M2 – LeChuck’s Judgement Day”? :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember the part when Christian Bale yelled at a set designer for half an hour in Escape from Monkey Island… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was playing the uncharted 4 again and got nostalgic for a sec :slight_smile:
Naughty Dog producer said, they needed to call Disney, before they could place Guybrush into the game…Disney didn’t hesitate a second and said yes right away…

6 Likes

I’d love to know how it went at Disney. “They want who in the game?”

3 Likes

“oh, yeah…that´s one of ours! Who´d have thought! And not even a Marvel or Star Wars character!”

Well Disney World at least knows they have the property, as I just heard a song from Monkey Island in one of the buildings around Pirates of the Caribbean!

3 Likes

just in case you havent read this yet, and here is my thoughts:

If you look at the career page, its mostly about Parks, that could includes gaming development in some cases, but VR / AR for Parks is almost the same as gaming or other interactive process, so gaming is pretty much the same. At least, we can hope, icebergs might moved.
But I am still very afraid of Disney game development and leadership.

Anyway, I talked to VP of Disney Interactive before he has been promoted VP. He was head of lucasfilm business development and he was looking for people to the team saying: who wants to be in Lucasfilm games again? and I was wondering, what he means Lucasfilm games? Is Disney Interactive dead (always been) and it was an year ago.

Before that, I sent letter to EVP / GM of Lucasfilm about re-opening Lucasfilm games with possible solutions, offers and team suggestions. I got response she read it and It was about 18 months ago and now we have this article out :slight_smile:

They also updated Lucasfilm people! Lots of changes recently.

3 Likes

See also

What song did you hear?

I miss playing this game and seeing Guybrush in real life. Also, i remember I watched an interview of the developers (I think). It’s just sad that Guybrush was made to this unnamed character and was shown as this pirate that will forever be a mystery (although I think acronyms of his name was shown but I would have expected more credit than what they’ve given him)

1 Like

The SCUMM Bar theme from Escape from Monkey Island :slight_smile: