PiecesOfKate's journey in Italy

Zak’s not a nightmare! It is a wonderful dream.
Hey, it is my origin story, no less!

(Sierra games OTH… I am still mad about how backwards some puzzles are in KQ3 & 5. Even with UHS…)

Just to know:
who, of you people of TWP forum, is going to play Zak McKracken And The Alien Mindbenders™ for the first time?

1 Like

So, @tasse-tee, you’re also in for a let’s (re)play Zak McKracken?

I will! I’ll open up another thread for it.

1 Like

Actually, after seeing all the Monkey Island Islands pics from the other day, I feel the need to start one of those…

…but Zak does sound interesting too… :thinking:

Either way, it will be my first time playing!

2 Likes

GOG is hands down my favorite place to buy games these days. I apparently already have 228 on there. :blush:

My 2018 favorites from GOG so far are Thimbleweed Park, Gorogoa, and Mark of the Ninja.

My daughters will, some day :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I recently played Maniac Mansion. Zak McKracken is a strong candidate but I don’t want to rush it. After all, it’s one of the few remaining LucasArts adventure games I haven’t played yet, besides Indy & the Last Crusade and Labyrinth.

I was about to say the same. :slight_smile:

The hints are more confusing than a help. For example the flight system is a puzzle.

@PiecesOfKate: The game isn’t that horrible and/or unfair. Just start it and follow the recommendations of Zak.

Yes, it is obvious.

No, it’s not. :slight_smile:

No need of that if you follow to Zak’s advice.

I would like to replay part 3 some day. Which part would you like to replay or recommend? (I think I haven’t solved SQ2 yet…)

Yes! But keep in mind that the games are very frustrating because you can will die a lot.

Several SQ games haven’t the parser. For example there is this remake of SQ with a point and click UI.

Ah, @Nor_Treblig wrote that already. :slight_smile:

Yes, because the C64 version is the “real” version. :wink: I haven’t played the FM Towns version yet, so maybe I give it a try.

In Germany debit cards are still very popular.

I’m shaking, I’m shaking! :wink:

Then let’s play Zak altogether! :wink:

2 Likes

Everybody!

3 Likes

:metal:

3 Likes

SQ2 has a special place in my heart because it’s first one (and first adventure game) I played. But 1 and 3 are good too. I didn’t like the change in interface in 4.

Mind you, 1 has the crap-awful skimmer arcade sequence (though apparently you can skip it in the VGA version). And thinking about it, the robot arcade sequence in 3 is probably worse, and buggy.

1 Like

Matthew Alan Kane rocks! :metal:

3 Likes

Oh, yeah!

2 Likes

Same here, I will play the FM Towns version then, since I never played that one…

1 Like

Oh, you should definitely play them in order then. We only tell people to play MI first because it increases the odds to create another P&C fan. But since you already like TWP…
Just remember that it is an old game. With no hintline (at least not in-game).

2 Likes

I see the GOG release includes two versions: DOS and FM Towns. No C64 version, alas. Is there any version that’s preferred over the other between those two? Or are you guys C64 purists? :stuck_out_tongue:

We´re old, okay?

2 Likes

I think that this is an important hint. :slight_smile: So @tasse-tee, don’t be scared by the UI or the not so beautiful graphics. :slight_smile: It’s video game history! :wink:

2 Likes

the DOS version!
(for the C64 version, you just need ScummVM - which is already included with the Gog version anyway and the d64 files, which are all over the net, not even on the shady side. But please be honest and buy a copy first)