Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

The six year old pirate in me has returned!

5 Likes

RtMI is trending! At least in my country:

3 Likes

god i hope the game is shit. it would be so funny. this is my coping mechanism to control my hype I actually hope RTMI is really good and the anticipation is fucking killing me

2 Likes

Oh. So close! Will have to wait the end of the day myself but it’s so exciting.

2 Likes

RtMI released

3 Likes

Gentlemen! It’s been a pleasure and an honor!

For those of you who can’t resist commenting while playing, please do so in the non-spoiler thread!

Happy playing guys! :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

It is not trending in my country (USA. Further evidence of me needing to move… :confused:

2 Likes

Downloading now

2 Likes

A dream coming true… Without being able to play even I feel so emotional right now.

2 Likes

Trending in the US would require so much more volume though. I’m in the US and not using social media but hyping here.

1 Like

Ok Return to Monkey Island Released and my PC is still broken and I haven’t managed to buy a new PC. :worried:

1 Like

More volume sounds right, though having more people seems like it would make it possible. It’s a tweet per person situation, and we just don’t have the right kind of people…

yes, im the fucker up at 2am to download this! why am i doing this! I’m usually a night-owl, but jesus christ

anyway yes the pain of downloading it. hows everyone else

1. twitter trends are tailored to the viewer. its all very weird. point is, oh fuck it just finished downloading oh shit
3 Likes

I died laughing when the item at the top of the list was “antichrist”

2 Likes

that second item better be my shiny horse armor

how nice…

2 Likes

It wasn’t the shopkeeper after all! Just an old woman!

3 Likes
1 Like

I now wonder if the reason that people had different accounts of how/when the MI2 ending was created is partly because of how similar the MI2 and RtMI endings are, in terms of there being a pirate adventure park…

It sounds a bit like Bill Tiller had been told the original secret and that it was originally meant to be the ending to MI1, and then assumed that it had then been used as the MI2 ending because that sounds like such a similar idea.

I don’t know St.-Elsewhere, so skipping that one.

Bill’s comment can be truthful if Ron always intended the world of Monkey Island to be an amusement park - which he arguably did, according to a certain plaque.

Ron’s comment can be truthful if he always conceived an imaginary Calvin and Hobbes world, but didn’t think to reveal it at the end (and/or didn’t think to go Empire Strikes Back) until the last minute.

The disparity between Bill and Ron here can fall to a number of things. Maybe Ron always conceived the amusement park for MI1, but never intended to have it spelled out in the ending. Maybe Ron never intended the “I am your brother” and cursed voodoo eyes at the end of MI1, so that’s what he means. But meanwhile, Bill Tiller is just thinking that Amusement Park Reality = The Ending, while Ron isn’t thinking in those terms.

1 Like

Exactly, you just have to think about the old high-res-cutscenes and purcells cover-artworks. Ron once even stated, he always wanted it to look like that.

1 Like