Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

Kobo is a good choice, possibly Kindle PaperWhite 5 if you can stand the idea and limitations of Amazon. Also, shameless plug.

1 Like

I never got that joke. I only remember guybrush in the hotel, suddenly disliking porcelain. I didn’t get if it was supposed to be a joke or I had missed something before…

You didn’t miss anything, it’s actually that: the writers made Guybrush afraid of porcelain. It’s simply a irrational fear, if you exclude the usual issue with porcelain.

1 Like

Since I didn’t understand what you were referring to, I Googled that.
I understand Guybrush’s concerns, now.

He is a flooring inspector, after all.

1 Like

Grout residues? What’s grout?

Ok but I’ve read several people like this as a joke. I don’t understand it. :slight_smile: At least, there should be a reason why the joke works with porcelain and not with something else. If you replace porcelain with “tablecloth edges”, or “white socks”, why does the joke stop working?

For example, Poirot can’t stand rounded objects and rounded corners, he wants square objects everywhere, but that makes sense for the character.

The spaces between tiles and the material used to fill them, I guess. But I’m not sure which it came first, the chicken or the egg.

1 Like

There’s an earlier scene where Guybrush is captured as el Pollo Diabolo and delivered in a giant bucket to the cabin of LeChimp. The table is full of porcelain objects and only a single other one you can pick up. I think the joke originated from that: finding a reason for Guybrush to leave all these items alone. Admittedly: “it is made of …of… PORCELAIN! Yikes!” is funnier than yet another “mmmm…. no.”

1 Like

Ah, it is a writing gimmick then :slight_smile:

A McGuffin.

I might try that, then. I like ebooks.
And my reading level is actually pretty good. I read the five A Song of Ice and Fire books in English.

3 Likes

No thanks, I already had breakfast

All this RtMI fishy stuff is puzzling.

The game it’s not just about fish, it’s also about dead fish.

Not only we saw very lively dead fish in the sea…

… but the flag that appears both on a ship and in the Melee shop shows a dead fish with a bait in its mouth…

… still the shop sells normal fish…

… and just outside the shop there are crates full of dead fish…

Also, the sea itself seems far from being lively, so maybe it was cursed in some way.

I’m really curious to see what the writers have come up with!

1 Like

Mêlée might be a fishing town now. The flag’s fish has a hook in it. The fish skeletons in boxes could just he eaten fush. It doesn’t account for the undead fish near LeChuck’s ship, of course.

Unrelated:

2 Likes

Another Monkey Island Monday! I haven’t spotted any fish this time:

Very good ambience I have to say!

4 Likes

Blah blah blah. I guess it’s one of those scenes where Guybrush is eavesdropping indefinitely, like the Booty Island party.

Nobody seems terrorized by him. Has he turned into a manager? :neutral_face:

I like the new voice. Audio effects are top notch.

that’s true. On the other hand, one is a devil, one looks like his liutenant and therefore clearly self-confident. And three are skulls, therefore probably not capable of much facial expression?

Omg, it’s Jess Harnell! That’s awesome. :o I love the new voice. It has more of “old and intimidating pirate” vibe, like Blackbeard.

Also, wow… That’s a lot of bad guys. :smiley:

Well, it’s definitely different from the fear that both Bob and Largo had of LeChuck and they were his lieutenants as well.

1 Like