Tell me your dreams

Aww :blush:

1 Like

Oh, please! The inexorable harmony is already dripping out of this thread! Can we get back to be evil again, please? This thread is about nightmares! Horrible nightmares. With horror! Nightmares and horror!

2 Likes

Party pooper!

At your service!

2 Likes

Okay you asked for it:

Click at own risk

1 Like

MMMMARGHH! :eyes:

Well…own risk and stuff…besides, we all remember that worm infected ear, don´t we @someone?

Yes, we are.

In the future humanity is forced to live in connected underground bunkers with really long hallways and crudley crafted shelters since the earth´s surface is populated and reigned by 7 feet tall creatures with the heads of rats who are heavily armoured and wear spherical see-through helmets and carry flamethrowers. Me and my mates were defending ourselves with flareguns and grenades when some of them tried to break into our shelter which we then had to evacuate and flee through one of those dusty long dimly lit underground hallways that lead to other defended human populated areas.

No, I really dreamt that last night! But my faulty memory might have filled in some blanks there…

Until I read that last sentence I thought that was a hypothesis of the future, rather than a dream. (Maybe it’s both!)

How did it end? Were you scared? What were you wearing?

I have no idea how it ended(most dreams have no real conclusion as such), I might have worn some protective gear(less elaborate than the one worn by the monsters), but I´m not really sure…but I think it was pretty scary. Especially when you saw those huge creatures approaching you in those long hallways. Or trying to fit through one of those holes that were too small for them to pass through.

1 Like

Why are your dreams so cool and game/novel-worthy?

Today I dreamt about quarreling with a random guy on how the “stripes” you see in the grass of a football field were made. He was saying the grass was painted or probably cut in different heights, I was saying that it gets “combed” in different directions so that the light is reflected differently, so we went to a football field and it turned out we were both right, the grass was combed, but also painted and it was still wet, and then my daughter comes and cries “DADDY I MADE A DROP IN MY PANTIES” and I was like “RUN TO THE TOILET, QUICK!” and then I woke up.

2 Likes

I´ve been playing a lot of Doom (the new one) lately and saw Annihilation on Netflix the other night. So I might just have Sci Fi Horror on my mind.

Not bad, you actually learn something in your dreams!

1 Like

I find myself in Zurich Oerlikon train station, waiting for my train to Milan (the city, not the crazy guy that haunts this forum). Suddenly, two trains arrive, one in platform 1 and one in platform 4. I’m in platform 1, but that train makes stops, so it’s going to arrive later than the one in platform 4, but I fear I might miss it if I have to take the underpass. So I enter the train and sit down and wait. Suddenly an old lady begins to panic, because she can’t find her dachshund plush toy. It turns out it fell from a window onto the tracks, so the train leaves even later because they had to recover the toy from under the train. It’s going to arrive at around half past ten, and all I can think is “I’ll have to leave work veeeeery late today”.

I arrive in Lugano train station and go home (yeah, f*ck work) where my sister is preparing her Japan-themed birthday party. There are bleachers (or terraces in UK, according to wordreference) and a stage filled with Yen banknotes and fireworks and a big cake decorated as a Yen banknote. And she celebrates by turning on the fireworks and burning those banknotes, everyone cheers. My daughter wants to burn the cake too, and we have to stop her because “the cream might explode”. Then a Japanese guy wants more fire, but we’re out of paper to burn, so he says he’ll go buy a sandwich. He never comes back, and my sister begins to worry. I say “we have the GPS tracker!”, so I open g-maps and see that his blue dot is near Tunisia.

“F*ck, Hashimaru is gone”, I say. “Who is Hashimaru” asks my sister, I answer “I don’t know that guy’s name, I just made up some Japanese sounding name”. My sister accepts my objection and we run to Cagliari’s harbor and rent a boat to take Hashimaru back. We eventually find him floating near a cruise ship.

We’re back in Switzerland, and my suddenly former boss calls me. From now on, the dream is in German. He needs my help, he wants me to herd his goats because he can’t and he’s afraid they might get lost. So I take the PostBus to some unknown mountain location, I walk along a snowy path and I call my boss again because I’m not sure I’m in the right location. I ask him if the bus stop was right, but he sounds drunk, he doesn’t understand what I say and I can’t understand what he says. I suppose I’m right then, and I begin looking for goats. The road leads to a small village, at the end of the road there’s a modern city building (while the rest of the town is made of typical rural/mountain houses) and I find two goats eating grass from an apartment’s garden. I suppose they’re my boss’ goats, but while I’m thinking about how I could catch them, two guys arrive and begin to discuss my very same goal. We talk and it turns out they’re also after their goats, but they don’t know whether those goats are theirs or “mine”. We decide to take one goat each. I fortunately have a shopping bag with me, so I can carry my goat comfortably. We head back to the bus stop, and we see a herd, but it’s sheep, not goats. I want to see them nevertheless, because they look cute, fluffy, they’re walking on two legs and they’re brightly colored. We use a butterfly net to catch one sheep that looked like a small lion and I pet it. It turns out they were just toddlers, dressed up as lion-sheep. One of the sheep in the herd is my second daughter, which sits on the muddy grass. My wife comes running, yelling “Alice, you’re getting dirt on your pants!”. I wake up.

When I woke up, I noticed the dream used the wrong word for “goat”. Everyone kept saying “Kiefer”, which means “jaw”, instead of “Ziege”.

It’s also the second night in a row where my daughter pops up unexpectedly bringing a sense of “emergency” to end the dream.

1 Like

Wow. That’s epic. I wish I could remember my dreams with that much detail.

I was about to point that out, too. It’s like she’s grounding you back to reality :slightly_smiling_face:

@Guga: Does she interrupt your dreams in real life or appears she in your dreams?

To all: How are you remembering your whole dreams? How are you doing this? Most of the times I only remember small parts of my dreams.

@PiecesOfKate: Last night I dreamed that I played the very first version of TWP and can’t quit it. (I’m not sure if that was a nightmare or a good dream…)

Both. Well, these days it was just in the dream, but since she just abandoned diapers, she wakes us up when she has to pee.

I think that’s the main reason why I’m dreaming that. Also the fact that she’s old enough to reclaim her independence, but young enough not to know which rules to follow. It makes me anxious.

2 Likes

Sometimes the brain mixes the dream with the reality. For example if there are noises on the street, your brain first integrate the noises into your dream until the noises wake you up.

I guess it depends how deeply people are sleeping. I remember mine the most if I’m woken up in the middle of the night right in the middle of one. My problem is that in the morning I tend to wake up after a dream and remember it quite vividly, then before I get a chance to note it down I fall back to :sleeping:

Haha :slightly_smiling_face:

In which phase do we dream? In the REM phase or before it?

But I dreamed it. :slight_smile: And I can even explain why I’ve dreamed that: One reason was that I’ve worked the whole day with a program that won’t exit the normal way. And in addition in the evening I watched the video with Mark Ferrari where he is unable to quit the DOSBox.