Terrible Toybox is hiring!

https://terribletoybox.com/job_art_director

13 Likes

I’m going to apply… I know someone who works there.

21 Likes

Pro tip. Don’t write a cover letter

1 Like

Notify me when they’ll need a programmer/writer :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… I’m an experienced, versatile Art Director :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, I know! You @festarossa are able with Photoshop, too. And have a good attitude, which is the most important thing.
Try it!

1 Like

I am afraid I wouldn’t qualify… except for “Played and enjoyed many point-and-click adventures” (and perhaps two of the core requirements) :sob:

But enough sobbing: the key message here is “an unannounced 2D pixel art adventure game. Our new game will honor the past, but look to the future. It is currently at an early stage”
:partying_face:

8 Likes

immagine

10 Likes

Ok, here’s my pitch…
As art director I will hire Mark Ferrari and Octavi and I’ll keep emailing them all day saying things like, “Think bigger! More ideas! You’re on the right track! Synergize! More purple! Less purple! You can do it!”
I’ll then forward all the art they send me to Ron and co.

6 Likes

Mark Ferrari is THE man.

3 Likes

Why not try Bill Tiller? I know he is not a pixel artist but for sure he qualifies for most key points. Last time we heard about him he was doing a board game (The Shivers). Even if this game is not Monkey Island I am sure Bill would create a nice style for it.

3 Likes

Don’t forget “well, do these icons look final to you?”

3 Likes

Freu freu freu :grin:

OMG, Yes! :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy:
@David Please give us an exotic setting this time! Something with ruins! Let us travel the world! Discover ancient artifacts! Basically what you do best! You know! :smile:

7 Likes

:laughing:

I’m excited about hearing more about this game, especially as it’s a 2D pixel art adventure…
Hopefully there will be a steady trickle of info and maybe even a few podcasts along the way…

I don’t think there will be. Ron said something like this earlier.

1 Like

For an instant, I expected you’d ask “Chop the wood!”

4 Likes

“Indiana Jones and the Secret of Monkey Island”?

8 Likes

If it weren’t for the IP rights, maybe.
Let’s try with a different name?
“Massachusetts Bones and the Mystery of the Gibbon Land surrounded by water”

3 Likes

Something in the Maniac Mansion/Thimbleweed Park universe would be great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes