Terrible Toybox is hiring!

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

welcome back @LowLevel ! :smile:

What are you up to?

Ciao @LowLevel ! Nice to see you again!

:scream: @LowLevel !!!

2 Likes

Am I right here, is this the ā€œold forumers resurrectedā€ thread? Well, hi there! :grinning:

8 Likes

Ok, itā€™s nothing butā€¦ Guybrushā€™s voice actor recently quit his job:

At the top of the job listing it now says, ā€œ(TEMPORALLY SUSPENDED)ā€ā€¦

1 Like

So it is an adventure game? Thats great news for me personally as its my favourite genre to play, I thought Ron was working on some RPG idea previously but then working on a new adventure engine AND interface did make me wonderā€¦

Anyway, hope they find someone great for the role. Mark Ferrari is obviously one of the greatest Pixel artists ever so its not easy to find a guy that talentedā€¦ what he did with just 16 fairly garish colours on Loom and Monkey Island EGA is just incredible.

3 Likes

Hopefully, it means that Mark Ferrari is back on board :smiley:

5 Likes

Link now just goes to the Terrible Toybox main page and at the general job listings page says, ā€œNone at this timeā€ - https://terribletoybox.com/jobs
So Iā€™m assuming they found someone!

Iā€™m waiting for the ā€œtea boyā€ job to appear, maybe I can nail that one.

4 Likes

You mean Terrible Tea Boy, obviously

4 Likes

Great news! :slightly_smiling_face:
I wish I had read this earlier and had read the job details there.
However, the ā€œaboutā€ description on the Jobs page really makes me look forward! :+1:

3 Likes

Itā€™s too late for hiring?
Maybe you should give him a tryā€¦

I donā€™t think the Toybox is that Terrible that it would use child labour. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Who knows. Letā€™s try to stay patient somehow. :wink:

They are hiring more people, now.

(ā€¦) to work on an unannounced 2D illustrated point-and-click adventure game.
(ā€¦) a modern-classic point-and-click adventure (ā€¦)

Sounds good, I think!

As it says there, they hire for approximately 10 months. Seeing that there might be a content lock a few months before the release, just like when they did TWP, I deduce that the game might not be released before spring of 2022.
Nonetheless Iā€™m looking forward to first announcements and news on the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Yes, Tumbleweed Forest 2022! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

ā€œif you donā€™t meet every single one of our requirements, you should still applyā€

Thatā€™s great, because I donā€™t meet any! Application on its way now.

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™m applying.

Seriously, Iā€™ll just have to set up my CV.

8 Likes

Finally, confirmation they are working on a point-and-click game! 2021 is already looking better :grin:

3 Likes