The 2020 what are we playing thread

Another glitch that made me think back to Monkey Island. Johnny holds a new smoke while his old one floats in the air.

grafik

1 Like

I think that’s due to the composition. A longsword would have its point poking Tyris’ breast.

The first Golden Axe had long swords

Even if it isn’t a classic pyramid composition, I always liked the one of the home computer ports too. Here’s an uncropped version of it:

The reason you should always wear a helmet on top of your underwear as a barbarian.

5 Likes

I really like that one too. Apparently that wasn´t done by Boris Vallejo though (although it might just as well have been). Too bad video game cover artists are often the most difficult to find.

Which is why Conan has his horned fur thingy…that came out differently than I thought. :flushed:

Well, this thread has certainly devolved. :rofl:

Things haven´t changed around here! :smile:

2 Likes

To be fair, I did replay Golden Axe this summer!

2 Likes

Same! Part 2 on the Genesis Classics collection!

1 Like

I didn’t replay it exactly, but I did play Golden Axe : SEGA Enterprises Ltd. : Free Borrow & Streaming : Internet Archive until the first boss or two earlier this year.

I played it a fair bit on some Sega console with a friend back in the day.

I’m going to play again Zero Time Dilemma.
During this pandemic time, it’s interesting to play a game where the main antagonist is the only one responsible for a global lethal virus spreading.
He wears ancient plague doctor’s clothes, and introduces a few survivors to a game, where decisions matter, and can or can’t save lives.
“Life is simply unfair.”
One wrong decision can make a world go extinct.
Like a coin toss (or a single snail).

1 Like