The (adventure) games on sale thread

Me too! They have the worst controls ever!

1 Like

Go on? :wink:

Yes, it would be a whole lot easier to just filter out the stuff I already own instead of that tiny banner thingy. I think the same problem existed previously but at least they were grayed out?

I think previously it said owned instead of the price so it was easy to catch.
Now you always see the price and have to look out for this in library tag somewhere.

That is the way it works for the Playstation Network Store. Which is good so that way I don´t even see those discounts for games I played full price for!

You could even hover over this part and it would display the current price if you really wanted to know (also you can re-buy it as gifts).

I don’t know why people always have the urge to change UIs just for the sake of it…

3 Likes

I’ve nothing against change if it actually makes devices*, software or websites easier to use, but lately UIs seem to be getting worse. Maybe we’ve reached peak UI a few year back, and it’s going downhill ever since.
__
* Same thing with my mother’s new landline phone. Same brand as the old one, but she says the UI is atrocious.

I think part of the problem might be that money has to be made. Much of MS Office was already borderline perfect a very long time ago, but it’s less sexy to sell “almost exactly the same as before, just with some bug fixes and performance improvements” than “now with stupid ribbons!”

(Although I’ll give MS that the vast majority of imitators missed virtually all of the niceties that make ribbons mostly okay.)

What I like is that they have moved away from extremely “fancy” UI (unnecessary transparency, round corners and shadows everywhere etc.) to a more straight and clean one with more simple icons rather then colourful ones.
But looking at a current version of Chrome it seems like it’s swinging back already…

But it’s often too “clean,” although I’m mostly bothered that everything takes more clicks and actions in Windows 10. I looks superficially similar to Windows 3, which sounds good, but Windows 3 cleverly avoids many of Windows 10’s mistakes.

Chrome has always looked atrocious.

Pardon, I forgot which topic we’re in.

I picked up Aviary Attorney on Steam for €5.

I splurged another € 1.50 or something on the OST. Now I can’t figure out how to actually download an OST from Steam. Or maybe it’s that I can’t download the game itself from Linux, so neither the system-agnostic OST? Which would be stupid, but right up Steam’s alley.

Edit: this should work: https://steamdb.info/blog/steam-music-download-soundtracks/

1 Like

Yeah, it’s steam keys… but at so low prices… (plus the Scumm ones are DRM free anyway)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/monkey-island-special-edition-bundle (2 games for €3.75)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/lucasarts-adventure-pack (4 games for €2.60)
Plus you get an additional 10% with the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY10

Just posting for those people here who don’t own these yet.

2 Likes

Several adventure games are on sale on GOG this week (for example the Syberia series):

I wish they´d tell you for how long like they do on the PSN store. Black Friday is over and Cyber Monday most likely ends today (with cyber monday).

“Hidden Folks” is 10% off on itch:

1 Like

You mean like this? :angel:

Where is that? :face_with_monocle:

Right at the top of the page @Someone linked to? :slight_smile:

But yeah, annoyingly they don’t put it on the individual game info page.

1 Like

Which is where you can find them in the PSN Store (which makes sense because different games or groups of games have different start and end dates for discounts).

Who doesn’t like simple, short and memorable game titles like Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover The Ultimate Sea Shanty: A Musical Match-3 Pirate RPG?

Nearly one year ago (the year of the Thimbleweed Park re-release, so sadly this game had no chance in getting an Adventure Game of the Year Award) this sweet adventure was release:

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

The game is off by 40% until 2018-12-09.

It may remind you a little bit of Space Quest but don’t worry: It doesn’t try to kill you all the time just because you click on the wrong spot!

1 Like

Captain Disaster is now on sale on FireFlower Games until end of week:
http://fireflowergames.com/shop/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/