The Castle (game inspired by Maniac Mansion)

This looks very nice!

Has anyone tried to run it on a mac with wine?

I don’t have a Mac, but it runs fine on Linux/Wine.

2 Likes

@carles, I faced a big bug. The Girl Vampire is now a playable character! :smiley:

I have Peter in jail, the other two in the room of the carnivor plant.

First, I let one exit the room, and stay near the stairs (not too close):

Then, I click the “New Kid” verb, choose the other character, but instead of giving me control, the Vampire Girl becomes the playable character!

NOTE: I think it’s because 20 minutes have passed, and that triggers the Vampire Girl.
In fact, if I get close to the blue stairs… I get caught without seeing the Vampire Girl! Look:

Luckly I save often :smiley:

Bufff… sorry :frowning_face:

I’ve never seen this bug, thanks for the complete report

It seems that the vampire is spawned on the roof, but she is not complete active for a reason that now i don’t know, and i don’t understand why you can use her as a playable character

Thanks

I can provide you my savegame file, if it can help.

Yes, it could help.

Thanks!

Imagine you could play Maniac Mansion as nurse Edna. From her perspective. That would be awesome.

1 Like

thank you, good to know.

Maybe I made an error. I can’t go outside the castle.

I have all three characters inside the castle, one in prison and two free to wander.
But I need to go outside with one of the characters.
The problem is that I have the rope with me, so I can’t go out through the well.
Furthermore, if I let the alarm ring on purpose, and get caught by the alien, he says he unlocks the door, but the door is still locked.
I have found the way to “manually deactivate” the alarm, but the front door is still locked.

Tell me there is a way to escape from the front door…

you can go out…

the rope… focus on the rope… even if you have it…

1 Like

Yes, you can go out:

Through the tunnel of the well, you can tie the rope in a root.

1 Like

Accurate game design, great fun, fast and responsive navigation. You did great, Carles. :smiley:
I managed to get three endings Moon of Blood, Lovers, Stealth Killer (the last one in two different ways, through poison and picket).
Now I must understand how to get the other two. I’m afraid it won’t be easy. :wink:
There are some “loose ends” I’m trying to figure out… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like