The Darkside Detective

The longest I got stuck was because playing the other episodes was so long ago that I didn´t remember a certain thing which is the only hint to a puzzle you will have. So I tried everything and finally could pick up something I could not before because I didn´t need it yet (which is a trait with this game it appears).

Loved it, I hope they will soon take my money for the sequel! :+1:

It seems however the devs are reading this forum and took some of our in-jokes! :eyes:

2 Likes

Hm, interesting.

I’m hoping to play it tonight. I really enjoyed these games (plus they’re responsible for my 50 clicks badge :grin:).

Me too.

1 Like

There is one character who has a running joke that seems like made specifically for you. I know you´ll love it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just replayed Polterguys and now on to the new case.

A ha-ha, nice, just seen who it is :grin:

1 Like

‘Mustard and Ketchup, the two genders.’ :smile:

1 Like

Also the extensive comment on the jelly…

Haha, yeah. Like something out of the language thread.

1 Like

As I´ve said, there are several instances in this new episode where I feel like they´ve been watching us…:eyes:

1 Like

I’ve just realised I didn’t read that bit because it was in spoiler tags, but I did read the one before that which was an actual spoiler :laughing:

Which bit was that?

Know what you mean. I did that a few times, too.

Opening the door with the bones which you can only pick up from the exhibit once you need to pick the lock. It obviously refered to a puzzle in an earlier episode I had already forgotten again.

I see that this was clearly the wrong thread for a habit I have taken on lately which is using the spoiler tags for comedic purposes… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ah right. I realised because when you first click on the bones in the museum he says ‘I’ve used these to pick locks before’. But if you miss that the first time round then I can see it’d take a while.

I spent an embarrassingly long time trying to get him to drink the concoction in different places. I knew it made most sense in the desert (a ‘remote’ place) but I didn’t realise you had to place it on him to make him drink it :roll_eyes:

Yeah, I think I tried most stuff there very early on and then had forgotten all about that comment later.

I think I knew that because by that time I had tried all sorts of consumable items on him because of the comments. When you try to get him to drink the syrup.
Detective McQueen: Syrup is not for drinking!
Dooley: Speak for yourself!

:laughing:

1 Like

Heheh :laughing:

Dooley reminds me of George from Blackadder.

“According to this map, we appear to be standing in a field of mushrooms!”
“Those are mines, George.”
“Ah yes, it says ‘mine’… So the mushrooms must belong to the person who made the map!”

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve just seen that the Kickstarter for The Darkside Detective sequel is launching on 12 September :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The Kickstarter campaign is live:

4 Likes

Wohoo: @RonGilbert and Gary Winnick backed that project!

3 Likes

I thought they would smash the 35000 $ target sooner… Do you think they will make it?

Yes they will. 48h before the end all the people who used the “remind me” feature will be notified and most of the time the beginning and the end of campaigns are the strongest days.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed! :slightly_smiling_face: