The drinks thread

I know several bars that will serve you tap water when they have the impression you had too much, free of charge.

1 Like

Can you not normally ask for it then? Over here we do that all the time – in fact it’s a legal requirement that all licensed premises have it available for free.

I´m actually not sure. Based on my personal experience, yes. But I´m not quite sure about the legal situation because lately there has been some activism of people who offer refills for waterbottles you may carry with you and they have asked several bars to join. I don´t think it would be neccessary if that was normal anyway.

1 Like

I think I may be spending too much time on the forum. When I first looked at this I thought it said Tasse Tea! :rofl:

Also, do any of you lovely Italian folks ever drink Fernet-Branca liqueur It literally tastes like mint mouthwash. I’m assuming you’re supposed to mix it with something? Someone gave it to my wife as a gift.

5 Likes

I don’t drink it… I think I’ve never tried it.
My grandparents used to.

You can drink it plain, but it should be frozen.

Or you can try it with seltz, or, better, with sprite. Let me know.

As in “on the rocks” or actually frozen stiff?

More is better.

Put the bottle in the freezer.
The glass in the freezer.
Yourself in the freezer, if you like it.
Then pour over ice.

In the eighties the ads were all about ice and freezing cold, to underline the “chillness” of the drink.

The voice says: 1/3 of Brancamenta, 2/3 of water or seltz, and -always- ice. Nothing more than Brancamenata can make ice better!

2 Likes

Whooooops!! Sorry!!

It is a bottle of Fernet Branca…
I read about mint mouthwasher, so I thought it was Brancamenta…

(which is the mint-flavoured variant)…

So, I correct myself.
The most common cocktail with Fernet consists in mixing it with Coke, according to @uriel.
But it is a South American cocktail, here in Italy Fernet is drunk plain (usually by elderly people).

1 Like

:boom:

(Discourse, there is no bottle emoji?!?)

1 Like

It has a 28% of alcohol, I don’t think it could actually freeze and expand.

Ah, Ok. I thought the tea. :slight_smile:

(It’s too hot here to follow the threads properly… :wink: )

Doch! :champagne:

4 Likes

That’s champagne. :wink: The only “bottle” is the bottle for babys: :baby_bottle:

1 Like

Yeah, a champagne bottle :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, let’s open one together… :wink: :champagne:

1 Like

Twenty past five even in england now. Yep, should be fine! hic

3 Likes

We have 40 degrees Celsius here. hic Letsh sheee who getsh fashter drunkily… hic

3 Likes

btw: It wouldn’t be helpful to be in champagne, because they have 34 degrees Celsius at the moment…

1 Like

Perhaps not in the city, but how about a pool of it?? With lotsa ice. :grin:
hic

2 Likes

:star_struck::heart_eyes:

1 Like