The official jogging thread

Well, this is not the official gym thread, so I have nothing to say.

VR is the most sport I have at the moment. And unfortunatly you can´t use your legs there, yet.

I’ve been gym-ing it instead, but not as often :neutral_face:

I’m cycling. :slight_smile:

Hm… should I create one?

Can´t you just do a sports thread or something? I don´t see why we should have a jogging thread, a running thread, a cyling thread and a phantom thread.

Done: The official sport thread

1 Like

I’m still running according to schedule too! Except for last week, as I was sick.
Weird how being sick let’s you lose 3/4 of all those few extra pounds you wanted to lose in three days while running for months did absolutely nothing.

1 Like

So, it was a strange month. I basically skipped two non-consecutive weeks for injury and illness and there was Easter in the middle (where I put on like 3 kilos in 3 days). Today I could finally run again.

The GPS on my phone is dying, so I decided to run on a closed 1.5 course and use my phone’s stopwatch for every lap. It was the first time in forever that I ran without feedback, but it went way better than expected. I closed 4 laps, 6km, in 29:18 - my 6K record. On Wednesday I’ll try to get back to 8K and Friday 10K. I want to get back to 30 km/week as soon as possible.

On a separate note, yesterday I got a proposal for a relay run in Zurich. It takes place every year in May and seven years ago I ran it with my University group, it was my first run. The very same team is lacking a runner, on the very same stage I ran seven years ago. Nostalgia is strong with this one. I’m not sure I’ll accept, but it’s tempting.

1 Like

Good luck with that, old me! I feel extremely tired. Maybe the lack of feedback is making me start faster than needed, but on Monday and today I could run only 5.5 and 5.7 kms. And I wanted to run 10 on both days.

I think I’ll take a break, skip Friday, and then I’ll see if next Monday I’m fine.

1 Like

Isn’t the best strategy to run one day, pause one day, run one day, pause one day, etc.?

Run a Jupiter day* then pause a Venus day!

*though that is still awfully long for one session at a time!

1 Like

It is, and that’s what I do, but I think I’m needing more than one day of rest.

1 Like

Nobody recognised it… (except my kids of course)

3 Likes

Say you did the Scumm Bar theme, please! :laughing:

I’m going in a month. I’m thinking of buying some kind of MI-themed t-shirt before going there :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, yes! Both the scumm bar and the main theme!
Really, no-one paid any attention. Except my son, who said “yeah, I know. But I am much further than that in the game”

Another thing I have noticed is that the scumm bar theme is easier to remember than the main theme.

2 Likes

Going out now for my 3rd 5km this week

Just saying…

3 Likes

Think about our other thread! Post there constantly what you are seeing during your run:

1 Like

I’m currently on hiatus. I might be going for a jog today, but I think I’ll just wait until I come back from my Disneyland vacation to start again. I miss running so much :frowning:

Can’t you run to Disneyland?