The official jogging thread

Ha! I might be there too, then. I’ll be the one whistling MI tunes at the ride of the Pirates of the Caribbean

4 Likes

So, how’s everyone’s training going?

Good.
I am also good with computerised devices.
Yesterday I have crashed the cross-trainer. Again. (This was the second time it happened :slight_smile:)

How did/could this happened? Cheap cross-trainer? Or too much Treblig-power? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, exactly :smiley:

They aren’t particular cheap: Precor EFX 731
Maybe bad (hardware) maintenance and/or no software updates for years…

First time it stopped working after 23 minutes, second time after 12 minutes. It was the same one and both happened just recently so I guess I will avoid this one in the future.

2 Likes

Today I run my longest run since August :slight_smile: 14km under the snow, it was very nice. And cold. But mostly nice.

4 Likes

So… am I the only one who’s still running? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday I made my first run after an injury (fell down the stairs, on my butt I have the biggest bruise I’ve ever seen), a slow run just to loosen the muscle a bit after the hit and a week of inactivity.

Today I ran again and… well, I wanted to have a nice jog like yesterday, it turned out to be my fastest run ever. 4.5k in 20:55. I’m not sure what to think.

2 Likes

Well, this is not the official gym thread, so I have nothing to say.

VR is the most sport I have at the moment. And unfortunatly you can´t use your legs there, yet.

I’ve been gym-ing it instead, but not as often :neutral_face:

I’m cycling. :slight_smile:

Hm… should I create one?

Can´t you just do a sports thread or something? I don´t see why we should have a jogging thread, a running thread, a cyling thread and a phantom thread.

Done: The official sport thread

1 Like

I’m still running according to schedule too! Except for last week, as I was sick.
Weird how being sick let’s you lose 3/4 of all those few extra pounds you wanted to lose in three days while running for months did absolutely nothing.

1 Like

So, it was a strange month. I basically skipped two non-consecutive weeks for injury and illness and there was Easter in the middle (where I put on like 3 kilos in 3 days). Today I could finally run again.

The GPS on my phone is dying, so I decided to run on a closed 1.5 course and use my phone’s stopwatch for every lap. It was the first time in forever that I ran without feedback, but it went way better than expected. I closed 4 laps, 6km, in 29:18 - my 6K record. On Wednesday I’ll try to get back to 8K and Friday 10K. I want to get back to 30 km/week as soon as possible.

On a separate note, yesterday I got a proposal for a relay run in Zurich. It takes place every year in May and seven years ago I ran it with my University group, it was my first run. The very same team is lacking a runner, on the very same stage I ran seven years ago. Nostalgia is strong with this one. I’m not sure I’ll accept, but it’s tempting.

1 Like

Good luck with that, old me! I feel extremely tired. Maybe the lack of feedback is making me start faster than needed, but on Monday and today I could run only 5.5 and 5.7 kms. And I wanted to run 10 on both days.

I think I’ll take a break, skip Friday, and then I’ll see if next Monday I’m fine.

1 Like

Isn’t the best strategy to run one day, pause one day, run one day, pause one day, etc.?

Run a Jupiter day* then pause a Venus day!

*though that is still awfully long for one session at a time!

1 Like

It is, and that’s what I do, but I think I’m needing more than one day of rest.

1 Like

Nobody recognised it… (except my kids of course)

3 Likes