:joy:

Miiii…

1 Like

Did you miss out 8 years of this guy?

Who is this man?

A man we all miss dearly. :cry:

2 Likes

McDonald’s fries. :face_vomiting:

(Actually compared to the other food there the fries aren’t half bad.)

They’re fine if you don’t expect them to taste like fries. They’re mostly water, right? I quite like them. They go well with a double cheeseburger. I have a McDonald’s about twice a year, as a naughty treat.

Isn’t that the whole point?

You mean tasteless?
I think they’re mostly fat.

Good naughty gal!

2 Likes

And crappy unhealthy vegetable oil fat no less.

grafik

3 Likes

Using prepositions at the end of sentences is something I’m perfectly comfortable with.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No, seriously, I don’t understand why it gets bashed that way. I find it a very elegant construction, one of my favorite things of the English language.

Avoiding prepositions at the end of sentences is unnatural and stylistically awkward. You should see some of the monstrosities zombies come up with.

I’m not even sure of what you are referring to.
Is it because a preposition is supposed to be used to start a sentence with?

In my dialect, we even take it one step further and sometimes either split or simply repeat prepositions so we can use them to both start and end the sentence with.

:smile:

I know, but for some reason it is really frowned at in english.

I know.

He’s Gustavo Fring.

I think it depends on who you talk to. I don’t have a huge problem with it, but I wouldn’t do it in a professional piece of writing. It looks a bit clumsy and might be confusing for the person reading it (especially if English isn’t their first language or they have limited literacy).

It’s a bit archaic but makes sense to me.

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/11/28/grammar-myths-prepositions/

“…end up sounding over-formal, awkward, or like Yoda in Star Wars” :joy:

3 Likes

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=3407

Question to our belgian friends:

Is it a typical curse to say something like: “A thousand (name of wild animals, usually canine)!”

It is of course the catchphrase of the sea captain in TinTin and I now noticed it someone regulary say variations of it in “Blueberry”, too.

So is that something people say/used to say? It would obviously apply to the french belgian part not the dutch part though(possibly).