The official travel thread

Oi, don´t laugh at the giraffe having a bath!

4 Likes

Looked back through my Nice photos and found a picture of it! This is from April 2017. Guess I just forgot there was a hashtag.

4 Likes

Day 3.
Builders at work. Fantasy is flying into their minds. I wonder what their work will look like once finished! :thinking:

2 Likes

Here lies Zak…
he was always going on and on about some computer game, so we went all Lord of the Flies and buried him.

The End

6 Likes

Not sure if I should post this here or there. But there is a lot of pareidolia going on here

how many faces in profile do you count
?

Picasso draws an Angry Bird

4 Likes

Another one

happy rock giant

These are all taken in/around le val d’enfer (Hell’s Valley). There is also a giant skull shaped rock there (the actual gate to hell as legend has it), but we didn’t visit that yet. Later…

3 Likes

Skull island?

1 Like

I see a couple of things in those pictures…

Zak, where does your name comes from?

Every year, especially during the summer camp, the boys (which don’t know me already) ask me this question.
Today I was going to answer this kid, as usual, by telling the Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders story, but…
… for the first time, I was preceeded by another boy, who was in the summer camp last year, who answered in place of me:

“It comes from a videogame published in the past century!” :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

In the old times when animals still talked and video game characters didn’t.

4 Likes

“That was an interesting story.”
“Hold on, I’m not done yet! You see, my middle name…” :grin:

5 Likes

Is Zak sitting in an armchair at the beach and smoking a pipe…? :thinking:

1 Like

Ahahah I hold it for another day :smile:

2 Likes

With an old voice!

1 Like

I like the idea of combining random video game characters we like.

So please meet Samus James Aran Sunderland!

James_Profile

She is haunted by the memories of killing the metroid larva she was married to after she got sick, so she goes to the planet of Silent Cebes to face her fears and fight Mother Pyramidbrain!

2 Likes

Day 4.
This is not the London Eye, it’s the second biggest* amusement park of Italy!

* joke not intended, that’s true!

5 Likes

Mmmm, Eye-ce cream! :ice_cream:

4 Likes

I think the Eye would be one of the first things I´d check out should I ever return to London. It didn´t exist yet the last time I was there.

Why is it so great? The view over London?

We took my grandad on it for his 95th birthday :slightly_smiling_face: That’s the only time I’ve been on it and was quite a long time ago.

Yeah, I’d say it’s a bit of a(n expensive) tourist trap but nice views of London. It also moves a lot slower than you’d think - or maybe that was just me. I think I expected it to be like the fairground ones :wink:

1 Like