The official travel thread

Yes

Also, in February it was pretty cozy inside :slight_smile:.

6 Likes

Actually yeah, I’d like to go on it in winter and at night. Looks lovely with all the lights.

1 Like

Oh yeah, the first time I was at the Olympic Tower in munich wasn´t much special. But later there was the Rock Museum + concerts and at night looking over the olympic park and the whole city was great.

3 Likes

We did that with the space needle in Seattle too. You could go back up at night on the same ticket. The views were great both times but it’s always nice to get that dual perspective.

2 Likes

Oh laaaadeeedaaaa, the space needle! So do they have Freddie Mercury´s pants on display there? No? Thought so!

(not my picture, can´t find my own photos anymore…)

3 Likes

Those pants are on loan from my own private collection. I also have three of his moustaches.

6 Likes

Then he had four? Because I have one of them too… :thinking:

1 Like

So where you put the other two…

Oh yeah…makes sense I guess…

3 Likes

Reminds me of the first time I visited New York and went to the top of the Empire State Building (this was over 20 years ago so sorry, I didn’t take photos).

It was a really cloudy day, and they warned us there wouldn’t be much visibility but we went up anyway. I thought it was great, literally being up in the clouds looking down and catching glimpses of yellow taxis the size of ants.

5 Likes

So you all aren’t afraid of heights? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whenever I go to the beach, I end up being the one who enjoys the most playing with sand.

Last year I was trying to bury my daughter, and… wait, that didn’t sound right. However, after the whole thing fell apart, it looked like a skull. So we refined some details and pretended it was the pirates’ cove.

5 Likes

Day 5.
Already in the morning.
(Warning: this image could hurt sensible persons)

During the morning wake-up routine, I noticed that fresh stain. The kid was still. His nose was full of bloody boogers.
I woke him up, and told him: “don’t be frightened, there’s a big bloody stain on your pillow.”
The kid looked at the bloody stain.
His face remained unchanged, no expressions.
Then, he has sentenced:
“I have killed my pillow!”
:joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

That’s a lot of blood for a nosebleed :hushed:
I’m surprised he was so calm about it!

Don’t let him into the Pillow Factory :eyes:

5 Likes

Totally unrelated, but…
It has always bothered me the fact that in all his early TV and movie works, he has his moustache painted.

1 Like

Yeah he grew an actual one later in life. I think it comes from the Marx Brothers having started out as a stage act and maybe the fact it was harder to see on black and white film. Never really bothered me tbh.

I think the same. But I’ve just browsed Wikipedia, it says in the first shows he wore a fake moustache, but he started painting it to avoid inflammation due to the glue.

2 Likes

What I always wanted to know, how does Chico´s character seem to a real italian?

Well, I don’t have a precise position about that, since my knowledge of the Marx brothers is somehow limited.
I’ve seen a couple of their movies in my late childhood, and they were dubbed.
So I simply didn’t realize that Chico was intended to be a stereotypical italian character.
I should check him out on youtube, then maybe I will be able to reply.

Do so. The german translation I grew up with was very limited in its ability to translate the apearent billions of puns that come out of Chico´s and Groucho´s mouth, it is so much better in its original form than any translation could do it justice.

A Night in Casablanca was likely one of my favourite movies when I was (much) younger. Not quite sure I watched any of their others, though.