The official travel thread

Yes, that’s exactly what’s this thread is for. So please carry on. :slight_smile:

Never! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

But it´s always germans, right? :roll_eyes: :wink:

You’ve still got me beat. I only count 7* countries…
8 if you consider Sardinia independent :smirk:

+an extra 27 if I were to count US States (which is only fair geographically, but not as culturally diverse as you fine European folks)

*Special thanks to my wife who is repsonsible for most of my traveling. Otherwise I would probably be down to only 3 countries.

4 Likes

Des is koi Mönch mehr; mittlerweile ist des es Münchner Kindl.

That means dick in Sardinian. Well it’s actually “minca”, but if you say it with a southern accent it sounds like “minga”.

I don’t think any of us were bragging, and I think it was cool to see where people have been and I couldn’t. And I love flags, so that’s why I used them :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well, still quite a large amount of travel. Did you travel across the USA for leisure or business?
In our game, visiting Alaska, New York, San Francisco and the Hawaii only count 1, but they are actually 4 completely different experiences.
Oh, how I’d love to visit Alaska…

It’s true! I very nearly wrote Alaska as a country on my list :flushed:

1 Like

That´s correct!

I used to be in a band, so a lot of those states were from our tour from New York to Texas amd back.

It ends up being quite a few states…
for me to poop on.

2 Likes

What was the name of your band?

I was wondering why it took so long for somebody to…er…triumph! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll give you a hint: one of the links I posted in Seven Seconds of Wonder is us.

1 Like

From your description I gather that you have visited Rovaniemi in Finland, which is in the same level as northern Alaska… MAPfrappe - Explore Latitude/Longitude

Maybe the culture is similar, but a lot of urban areas in the U.S. still have their own distinct atmosphere. And geographically, it’s so much more spectacular than Europe.

1 Like

This is true, but wherever you go Starbucks is always the same. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Nope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Less than 24 hours before take off, therefore

Goodbye dear Forum
  Travel takes me round the world
  to return some day

I’ll post pictures, though, when I get the chance.

4 Likes

:+1: we :heart: us some nice :framed_picture: from :airplane: :beach_umbrella:

2 Likes

Especially from the areas which proof that we’re living on a flat earth.

= avoiding air flight?