The official travel thread

Me too. At 5.5 + 5.5 km that’s practically a globe-spanning tour. And there were more than 6 people, though I only had to deal with 2 of them.

Though the interesting thing is actually right outside my window:

After the dry period last year that tree is a bit worse for wear, but still reasonable beautiful.

van Gogh would be jealous :wink:

6 Likes

That makes a good intro for an adventure game.

4 Likes

Yes, well… For all that I know, I might be a character in a SCUMM game. Who plays SCUMM games in a SCUMM game. Much like DoTT and MM. I have played MM in DoTT, so that would mean I am a character in an adventure, who played a character in an adventure, that played an characture in an adventure :thinking:

3 Likes

Rather thimbleweedparkian I would say.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m upping this thread because I just came back from paradise.

I went to l’Asinara, an island north of Sardinia which used to be a high-security prison turned protected nature reserve in 2002. The stay wasn’t easy, I was in a low-comfort hostel which was the guards’ housing, and sharing bathrooms and showers when you have small children is a bit of a pain in the ass, plus the terrains and the distances were a bit too much for my daughters. But the uncontaminated nature offered the best sea I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

I’m back from Freiburg, Germany. It’s really great if you would like to hike (like I did). Unfortunately I haven’t any pictures for you (at the moment). But you’ll find tons of pictures on the internet - the city is a little bit like Meele Island. :wink:

(Source: Wikipedia)

4 Likes

It looks like a beautiful city, but I look at the crowds of people and can’t help thinking they need to practice more social fish-dancing.

3 Likes

You guys travel? Are you nuts-a-reno?!

1 Like

When I lived in Zurich I always wanted to visit it, it was just 1.5h drive away. And there’s Europa Park. But I had no car, and when I bought a car, it was because we were expecting, so it wasn’t the right time to travel :stuck_out_tongue:

I went from an almost Corona-free zone to another almost Corona-free zone, so my conscience is at peace :smile:

2 Likes

It isn’t that crowded, actually the city was pretty empty.

Yes.

No. As I wrote, I was hiking. There were no people around. And I’ve chosen my destination wisely (like @Guga). But this is a topic for another thread. :wink:

I was just being silly. :slight_smile:
I realize your picture was from Wikipedia. It’s just interesting that’s the first thing I notice with my 2020 corona-vision.

1 Like

Happens to me when I watch (older) movies. :wink:

1 Like

With hopefully nothing much in between! :crossed_fingers:

That´s all good. I hope Freiburg wasn´t too long of a hike since that might be considerably more to the south from where you are.

You guys take care! Other people can´t see their girlfriend because of all this. :pensive:

1 Like

Different time now I guess; I’ve had a car subscription for over 5 years now. A 1.5 h drive would cost me a pretty penny since you pay by the kilometer (gas included), but even so it should cost me less than just insurance for owning a car.

Some people somewhat irrationally say that individual rides cost a fortune, i.e., ~10-20 for 10-15 km and a couple of hours, but the whole point is that I only use a car once or twice a month for short distances, with the very occasional longer distance. On a yearly basis it’s a few hundred.

All in all it was a “special” trip. I can’t explain all the details here, but I planned the whole trip carefully.

Generally speaking, hiking is a great way to spend your vacations during these times. There are a lot of beautiful and easy paths.

I know what you are feeling. :pensive:

1 Like

Not going anywhere. I even gave up my car, for good (I think). Well, I did buy an electric scooter. And I have a bike. So it’s up to 50 km range for me. Statistically there is almost no corona in that range.

2 Likes

Do you mind to show us a picture of your scooter? I’m interested in purchasing one, too. Thanks

It’s this one: https://electric-scooter.guide/reviews/xiaomi-mi-m365-review/

1 Like