The official travel thread

I went to Crete in 2008 for a conference, I was near Chersonissos. But, it was April. Everything was empty, all the restaurants were closed and most of the buildings were dismantled. I’ve never seen a sadder place. They told us “well, you have to come in Summer!”, I sure hope for them that it looked better. But, I had the best gyros pita I’ve ever had.

I often have trips in places while there it is low season. I’ve come to the conclusion that if the place feels sad and deserted, it doesn’t deserve to be travelled even in high season.

1 Like

We visited Santorini in winter. It was still quite lovely though, just a lot of the tourist amenities were closed (from restaurants to museums).

Santorini is a real gem.

1 Like

:mountain: :blue_car:

Where you going? :smiley:

:austria:

2 Likes

Cool, have fun! And get some Backerbsen for my colleague, will you? :wink: He’s from Austria, and they are his favourite food ever.

2 Likes

Have fun! When are you back?

I mean… Have fun! Enjoy Austria - bring back some stories for us and take some pics. Hope it’s a relaxing break - you deserve one. So, er, when are you back?

3 Likes

Hee hee. :kissing_smiling_eyes: Soon!
Early next week.

3 Likes

First view of mountains is always nice!

9 Likes

Note to self: post more pics of mountains (people seem to dig them) :thinking:

4 Likes

Of course. We’re jelly. :wink:

2 Likes

Mountains near Salzburg with dead insect on the windshield.

4 Likes

Meowserz!

4 Likes

Poor impaled cats… :frowning:

3 Likes

What are you talking about? They just have very good balance, and they’re sitting on top of the sticks. :smiley:

4 Likes

I see, I need glasses…

5 Likes

I thought it was a daredevil being shot out of a volcano. Wheeee…

…EEEEEEE!

3 Likes

Evening mood.

6 Likes