The Will of Arthur Flabbington - Kickstarter campaign

I don’t know, people seem to behave very differently. They say a campaign close to funding attracts more people because they feel like they’re making a difference, but also that a fully funded campaign attracts more people because they see no risk, I have no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

FULLY FUNDED!!! I can’t believe it :sob: :heart:

BTW check out this timelapse of me drawing a reward portrait!

16 Likes

This is so well deserved. I mean it.

1 Like

We told you that this will happen. :wink: :grin: Congrats! Can’t wait to play the game!

edit: And Ron Gilbert & Gary Winnick backed your game too! :astonished: :+1:

8 Likes

I didn’t know following someone on Kickstarter meant it tells you what they back :open_mouth: I rarely - or should I say never - follow people on Kickstarter, only projects.
Yep, when I saw the pledge yesterday I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t disclose publicly because I guess they can tell the world about it if they want to, but I’m very very very grateful for the support :face_holding_back_tears:

8 Likes

Isn’t that the default? :thinking: I can’t remember that I explicitly followed somebody on Kickstarter. But I get notifications like “John Doe backed The Best Project Ever” regularly. So I assume I must have told Kickstarter to follow them. :laughing:

I never got those, and I backed a few projects, so it’s not automatic. Also I know for sure that neither @ZakPhoenixMcKracken nor @Ema received an email.

So I guess it’s only you :rofl:

2 Likes

Everyone here in this forum should follow Ron and Gary! :smile:

3 Likes

Good job pushing harder after getting disheartened a few weeks ago! I can’t believe Ron and Gary just bought your game, that would scramble my brain.

6 Likes

I didn’t even know you could “follow” people on KS, haha!

That’s never happened to me…

I do receive a lot of “paying it forward” emails from projects I backed.

I didn’t know you can follow people and get notifications when their profile is private.
So I know follow them too!

3 Likes

Can’t help but reading “that would bongo my brain”

3 Likes

Congratulations for the successful campaign! I raised the pledge at the end and was hoping for reaching like 7000 CHF, but it’s still fine.

There was no strong push at the end. Maybe ending a campaign on a Sunday contributed to this?
Here the stats from kicktraq:

4 Likes

Now I’m far from an expert, but I’m convinced it is. The pledging pattern shows that Sundays were the least remunerative days. Also somewhere else I read that it’s usually better to start a campaign on Wednesday… meaning it ends on Friday, which seemed to be the most active day. Well, now I have more experience for the next time.

I’m happy we got funded, that’s it. As for German translation and Switch port… I’d love to try the Switch port anyway just for personal satisfaction. I’ll reinvest the first earnings towards that, and then maybe translations.

8 Likes

I ask my wife which name she wants on her gravestone, she just shrugs.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can put the :woman_shrugging:t2: emoji on the tombstone though, I think it’s not supported by the engine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

quickly resolves that shortcoming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeawa Dever ?

1 Like

That’s a cool idea actually. Are kanji supported?

The font is Times New Roman, I haven’t tried. I wouldn’t know how to sort them alphabetically in the GriefBot though :stuck_out_tongue: