Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

I’m really impressed with the outcome of that scene! I didn’t understand every word (my Italian is quite rusty), but it was still fun to listen to what you produced.

Regarding sound quality: I did quite a lot of home recordings for LinkedIn Learning (Professional video courses). I was able to achieve almost studio quality by investing in a good microphone.

Personally I’m using this one:

and I’m very happy with the results. But I know that there are some other authors and LinkedIn Learning who use this:

If you combine either of those with a cheap pop filter like this one https://www.amazon.it/Neewer-Filtro-Antipop-Microfono-Supporto/dp/B00ACFAULC/

you should be really able to improve your sound quality!

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up!

men, too.

There are many characters with a handful of sentences: Brett, Carney, Chet, the Mime, the Postal Worker (maybe this one has a lot of jokes to say), the hotel guest…

We are searching for a peculiar voice to assign to the Sexy Riker, and a japanese living in Italy for the japanese boss of Agent Ray.

Never heard stories of Germans who misbehave on vacation in Italy. (But lots of stories of Italians who do :sweat_smile:)

I wish germans would behave at home. But whenever there is no explict “no parking” sign people literally just park anywhere and I mean anywhere!

Really?!?

Well, in Italy an explicit No Parking sign isn’t enough.

1 Like

Just for the records: Actually we (working at/for LinkedIn Learning) are using mainly DPA microphones - one of these:

I recommend the unidirectional ones for this purpose.

They are worth their money, but you don’t need them in this case. If you/someone would like to buy a new microphone I would follow the suggestions from @AndreKraemer. :slight_smile:

@milanfahrnholz: You should explain the video. :wink:

Never made vacations in Rimini? Just watch out for the people who eat spaghetti with a spoon and scissors (no, I’m not kidding).

1 Like

LOL, that’s how Germans misbehave, I see :slight_smile:

I missed this one :joy::joy::joy:

That´s nothing! Just watch out for the way Marion “Cobra” Cobretti eats his Pizza.

1 Like

There is a German TV report from the 1950s where German tourists are eating spaghetti with a spoon and scissors. I can’t find it on YouTube but I found this one:

You don’t have to understand what the German voice says - you know the Germans if you see them in the film. :slight_smile: It’s a report from the 1950s that should show the Germans what they are doing wrong when traveling to Italy.

Here is the spaghetti scene (and I can’t watch it. It’s really horrible …):

Germans have a different standard for misbehaviour :slight_smile:
What they really really like to do is reserving stuff with towels and complain, complain, complain.

I think the British are much more well known for proper misbehaviour.

Bavarians, sheesh! :roll_eyes:

I go back on topic just to update you…

Whoops, I meant to write some other authors at LinkedIn Learning and not and LinkedIn Learning.

The DPA microphones used for onsite recordings at LinkedIn are great :slight_smile:

Did you find somebody to dub Boris? If not, I could give it a try. I’m German, I speak a little bit Italian and my Italian friends always tell me that I sound like somebody from Bolzano which probably means that I have a huge accent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah, those from Bolzano (Bozen) usually have a strong German accent, but speak italian. Nobody knows where Boris comes from. He basically might come from Bolzano! :laughing:

For the record:

• Thimbleweed Park has 48 different (speaking) characters
  • Three of them (guess which ones :wink: ) must be dubbed by the same actor
  • There are a total of 13 females, 2 computers, 33 males

We are doing auditions and recordings.

Thanks to the people which have accepted to lend their voices, for free, for Thimbleweed Park, so far, the number is increasing day by day!

We have covered 27 characters, therefore there are 21 to be assigned yet, they are:

• Males: Brett, Carney, Chet, Dave, the Dragon, Ken Thien, Virgil, the Mime, Willie, the Lawyer, Gary Winnick
  • Male with japanese accent: Ray’s boss
  • Females: Delores, Edna, Clara, Lenore, Natalie, the Pigeon sisters, agent Ray
  • Female with spanish accent: Reyes’ mom
  • Alive Franklin
  • Disguised Franklin
  • Ghost Franklin
1 Like

Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick and David Fox!