Thimbleweed Park Italian fan dub Project - Official Thread(TM)

Alright, now I´m scared! :scream:

2 Likes

Which parts are, in your opinion, to be re-recorded, because they are of not-so-good quality?

All in all, the recordings sound very good, especially if you take into account that they were not done in a professional studio!

Aside from Cassie and Ray (whose qualities are improved already, according to Guga), I think that the recording for Chuck seems to be too highly compressed.

I think you did a very good job, not only in terms of the sound quality, but also in terms of the acting!

1 Like

That´s for you to decide, the rest is subjective to me personally and is to be disregarded.

I think Zak meant “in the audio sample”, not “in your Japanese performance” :smiley:

Yes, for those who missed it, Milan is going to dub the Japanese businessman. Well, as soon as he learns to pronounce a rolling R sound! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, absolutely! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

You would think a bavarian would have less of an issue with that. :confounded:

But you got me in a conflict there actually, because I don´t think japanese speakers can do that so which accent would you rather have, the japanese one or proper italian?!

I can’t resist to post this really bad (and completely unnecessary) joke:

5 Likes

That one is so low, it almost reaches down to my level! :stuck_out_tongue:

So you’re saying you’re @LowLevel?

By the way, the Japanese are quite fond of their R’s, since they pronounce them also when saying the L. That’s why the way their broken English is called “Engrish” :smile:

Funnily enough it´s the exact opposite in german since the l and r are spoken differently so the japanese can´t pronounce the german r but the german l.

The famous “lubber shiken with a pulley…”. But indeed: In most German movies Japanese people speak an “l” instead of the “r”. It’s a really bad stereotype in my opinion.

I think your recordings, @Guga (lookalike2, Ransome), have the best technical quality.
@AndreKraemer’s recording (Boris) is quite good as well.
I’ve listened to another Ray’s file, I have to admit she has done far better than here.
I’m not happy about the quality of my recordings (Headghost and maleghost), but I’ll work on it.

Notice to all: the character assignation is not final.
BTW, I know the purpose of this topic was other than that, but it would be nice to have some feedback on acting: I’m personally very happy of the result, we’ve had an overall fairly good result in my opinion, taking into account nobody here is a pro.

1 Like

Just wondering… how will you import all the fan audio in the game/in other players game (without pirating of course)?
AFAIK, even the fan-based text translation mechanism was not released yet and I don’t recall any plans from Ron to allow for fan-based audio?

From what a little birdie told me this is in fact Ron Approved™, but at the moment it´s all still :zipper_mouth_face:

Ok, guys, maybe this is not the place and time to discuss this… I will just say that we won’t do anything illegal, and we’re working letting Ron oversee everything. We’re annoyingly declaring him every step we’re making. I can confirm we’ve had so far, nothing more than a sort of a “nihil obstat”.
But, as I said, I’d prefer not to discuss these technical details further more in this phase :blush:
We’ll keep on informing him and you all on the blog, as long as our work will be considered fair and appreciated by the authors.

For now, we can’t. But “the future is never written”.

Do you mean “the future is not set” by Sarah Connor from Terminator 2? :sweat_smile:

:+1:
:fire::fire:

1 Like