Thimbleweed Park Role-playing Game šŸŽ²

Thatā€™s impressive. I love that discobot can handle the dice rolling for you. Iā€™ve only read the first part so far, but I plan on finishing it soon.

1 Like

The fact that it can be done, gave me the idea for doing something like this online. Everything else was easy. :slight_smile:

After reading the posts again we should add that it was our first attempt to do a RPG here in the forum. :slight_smile: For example we havenā€™t level up the characters.

Yeah, we abandoned the leveling real fast, because I hadnĀ“t properly thought that out. My idea was that the level had to be raised since later challenges would have to be so high that it would have been impossible to reach those numbers with one D20 and the given modifiers. I had thought about mid difficulty challenges that had to be at least or above 50 and 75 for stuff near the end of the game. But for that you had to have leveled up quite a bit over the course of the game, and in the end I completly forgot that I meant to include that (it also didnĀ“t work out the first time).

Also I played AD&D only a few times in my life and that is almost 20 years ago and I never have been a DM before and had to make up rules and story from scratch. Luckily I had a finished setting to fall back to!

1 Like

A couple of things I noticed after reading through:

Where did the talent ā€œSee Hidden Thingsā€ come from? I didnā€™t see it on the character sheet (not the latest version of the character sheet perhaps)?

ā€œRoll a diceā€ is indeed not correctly worded. It should be ā€œRoll a dieā€ or ā€œRoll dice/Roll the diceā€. :slight_smile:

This is your first time being a DM? You really did a great job.

I was amused at the comments:

and

2 Likes
  1. Ooh! Now I feel left out! I would have loved to join the RPG :sob:
  2. How did you have this huge topic without the rest knowing? As a PM with limited people? Did you invite @Calypso to it to move stuff or could she spy on your PM all along? Do people who get invited to a pre-existing PM see all the posts before they were added?
  3. I didnā€™t read the full RPG, just the beginning until exiting S&D and the end from the hotel.
2 Likes

Great job @milanfahrnholz
That was fun to read.

If our time-zones were closer I would ask to join.

2 Likes

It is the first listed talent. Hazel had 18 and Bob 16.

Thanks, yeah IĀ“ve never been one in a proper Pen & Paper group. Just a player.

It was a PM with limited people. I asked several times who was interested and only someone and tassetee kept showing interest. So I created the private message and invited both. Then I invited calypso and asked her to move all the posts to a new topic in the regular forum. People who get invited get to see everything. That was our first idea to invite people who are interested in looking at the game when weĀ“re done. But I thought letting calypso move it would be better since then we donĀ“t have to invited every person one by one and people can also ā€œstumbleā€ on the thread more easily.

Ahh. I wa looking in the ā€˜special talentā€™ category.

1 Like

Nerds

1 Like
1 Like

Weā€™re gonna do another one! :smiley: This one was a kind of test, to make sure the general formula worked before more people got involved.

You missed my favourite part, with the Sheriff-a-reno!

2 Likes

Oh, but I will read it. I just skipped a big chunk because it was already late at night.

1 Like

I was probably too busy with other things/posts.
But hereby Iā€™m formally letting you know (or another DM) Iā€™m up for the next round!

2 Likes

I second @Sushiā€™s comments, that looked a lot of fun. Iā€™m a bit sad that I missed it.

3 Likes

That doesnā€™t matter/wouldnā€™t matter. :slight_smile: If @milanfahrnholz is doing another RPG, donā€™t worry about time zones. We played the game over several days. The time you need to answer or to do the next move doesnā€™t matter.

Yeah! We tried to persuade @milanfahrnholz already to do another one. :slight_smile: (And I have this very good argument called ā€œpitchforkā€ā€¦ :wink: )

3 Likes

Hey you know what, itā€™s actually fun, if you do another one Iā€™d be glad to try.

3 Likes

I remember reading about it in the sleep thread but donā€™t remember that. I just assumed there would be a new thread about it at some point where we could all join in. Oh well!

How do we make sure our interest is noted for the next one?

1 Like

New thread?

Or we can just take note of the comments here :slight_smile:
So far Kate, Sushi, Yrface and FormosaFalanster have said they would like to join.

1 Like