Thimbleweed Park Role-playing Game šŸŽ²

Yes! We need more Minions another RPG ASAP! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

Letā€™s have a round of applause for the Game Master!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Should we make some kind of a ā€œpost mortemā€?)

1 Like

Well in the pen & paper sessions on Rocket Beans TV they always do a ā€œwhat could have beenā€ where the game master explains what other decisions could have been made, what the players missed out on etc. But since I had the ending pretty much planned out and only wanted to lead you there, and made everything up as I went that wouldnĀ“t make to much sense, I think.

2 Likes

I thought more about the ā€œtechnical partsā€/the rules: Would you now chose other skills, have we used our dices too less, etc.

I have to admit that I forgot my skills regularly and were focused on solving puzzles - maybe because Iā€™ve played too much adventure games in the past. :wink:

But it was a lot of fun! Going back to Thimbleweed Park was a great idea and that you have to ā€œsolve puzzlesā€ with the dice rolls instead of killing dragons. :wink: So, great job Milan! And now: Make a bigger RPG! :wink:

2 Likes

I think we used the dice plenty of times. We didnā€™t use our special talents though.

Most things that I tried doing had a fruitful result (except for examining the toilet paper, lol) - I enjoyed that freedom, but I also would have liked a challenge in trying to find out how to progress. Perhaps there could be a greater restriction on actions that will be successful later in the game, so that we can try to work out more complex solutions. That way you also get to watch us failing and getting frustrated :wink: heheh.

As for inviting others, maybe you could make a new thread and say ā€œpost here to be addedā€. Then you can add everyone that posts in the thread to this message. Once theyā€™ve read everything here, they might have their own feedback and ideas for ThimbleRPG 2.0 :smile:

1 Like

What Hazel says! :slight_smile: :+1:

Maybe @calypso has the means to move this whole thread into the main forum?

@milanfahrnholz Do you want to add a short explanation at the top first, in case it doesnā€™t let you edit it later?

IĀ“m not exactly sure what you mean?

In case everyone gets confused as to why a 200-post RPG has appeared out of nowhere.

ā€œHereā€™s this thing we did, read it if you like, give us ideas if you have anyā€ - something like that at the top of the first post might be good :slight_smile:

Yeah, I got that after I asked. Added it now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @milanfahrnholz, do you want me to create a new topic for the role-playing game and move all the posts there? Let me know if you (and the other players) would be OK with that.

Iā€™m Ok with that. There arenā€™t any private things in this thread. (I hopeā€¦ :wink: )

Iā€™m ok with this too. Please make sure that the top post is moved there, as well as all the replies, as it contains all the explanations :slight_smile: Thank you!

No problem :slight_smile: @milanfahrnholz, would you prefer to create the new topic yourself or should I? I can only move the posts to an existing topic, it seems (looks like I canā€™t conveniently create a new one that would start with the first post automatically). So someone has to create a new thread on the forum first, then Iā€™ll be able to move the posts to it.

Thanks, thatĀ“s exactly the way I want it, but please hurry if you can. I donĀ“t want the blank post to just awkwardly stand there for too long. :slight_smile:

Done, and bumping this, as for some reason, it shows that the last activity happened 9 days ago.

Thanks, I replaced the text of my first post with second one and deleted the second post (since I donĀ“t think I can delete a first post in a thread).

That is odd, since that is exactly the day of the first activity. Maybe something that happened during moving, whatever it worked fine. Thanks!

1 Like