Trivia apps such as QuizUp

Yeah but I think they had to tone it down to make it appeal more to little kids or something so much of the dark humor was lost that makes S&M so appealing to me.

AFAIR it was a direct adaption and very close to the comic stories - each episode of the animated series matched exactly one comic. But I’ve seen the animated series many years ago (in the English version), so maybe I’m remembering it wrong.

I´ve seen it when it was on (the german voices where the same as in the game which was great) and I remember there were none of the typical references to horrific violence that are a staple of the franchise they wanted to have it more kid friendly. It really should have been closer to Ren and Stimpy or something like that (not visual but in the dialogue).

The only strips I know are from a computer magazine from the early 90s that had a whole special on Lucas Arts detaliing every game from MM through the then new DOTT with some tease for the yet unreleased Sam and Max and their history.

1 Like

I have similar one, but up until Full Throttle! It also contains one page of the S&M special comic.

Well I compared one comic strip with an episode of the show now and they really toned it down. The show is still funny but it doesn´t really go the places that the comic does (which is in parts true for the game, too).

Bit like Turtles I´d say. The show was much more kid friendly than the comics but still very good in it´s own right.

These comics are in the book @tasse-tee mentioned above:

1 Like

While @PiecesOfKate is gone I busy myself climbing the ladder in the horror movies category! :ghost:

2 Likes

Ooh! What’s your top score?

Top 3 in germany in september and No. 37 global.

1 Like