Trivia apps such as QuizUp

Big difference not only in the way of the delivery but also in the fact that it´s a figurative expression of something subjective in german and not a tangible thing. This never made much sense to me, in german like lots of stuff (I could have my own thread just about bad Simpsons Translations…)

2 Likes

Slots Eraaaaaaaa

????

I´m getting that ad A LOT, and apparently you don´t.

Haha ohh. I keep getting a loud full screen one with Amazonian women in it.

That should be the one though? :thinking:

Maybe. I don’t pay much attention what they’re for, heh.

I need to keep my stats up so I’m challenging you all to The X-Files.

I thought this was funny. A Pop Quiz Trivia from the early 80s featuring musicians such as David Gilmour, Ian Gillan, Midge Ure on one team and Elkie Brooks, Phil Collins and Bary Mason on the other.

Part 1

Part 2

And a special bonus for @yrface

Robert Fripp & wife Toyah Wilcox on a couples quiz:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the literal translation? Dutch & German have almost literally the same sokpop/Sockpuppe or something along those lines.

Don´t ask me, ask the guy who did the translation. He´s dead now. :ghost:

I´m not even kidding, he´s been dead for 12 years, I´m sorry… :confounded:

So this happened…

followed by…

1 Like

‘Milan has challenged you in Thimbleweed Park Forums’ :grinning:

Hahaha! That was great! And I only got one wrong :smile:

What a fun lil treat, thanks :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I also received a “black hole” achievement for getting zero points (you’d expect about one or two points in case of pure guessing) but I didn’t think to screenshot it before I saw the “second best in Belgium” thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw a couple of episodes around '95 but even on a show like Lois & Clark (which I watched fairly consistently) I doubt I’d do very well on the trivia.

We could try Veronica Mars if that’s an option? That’s both a little more recent and it’s much closer to my heart. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve never watched it but happy to play it for your benefit!

lol I have no idea how I’d do but unlike X-Files I might have at least a vague semblance of a fighting chance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Go for it :sunglasses:

Maybe real quick before going to bed; gotta clean up first. Nushi spit up something gross.

1 Like

Oops. I accidentally beat you. I wasn’t trying to :neutral_face: