What are(n’t) you shaving right now?

faints
:joy:

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of them until now. The first pic that appears on the Wikipedia page looks scary :scream:

1 Like

You should watch some commercials (my only experience with these torturing devices). Looks to be the most painless thing ever in those. With catchphrases like smooth as silk.
Yeah right! Hurts like hell seems more like it.

1 Like

For example (that CGI closeup of its action)

Seems there is a person who made a whole playlist of lady shaving commercials out there. :smile:

1 Like

:eyes:

Also, and I think most of the men that shave electrically can relate to that, I can imagine an epilator must feel like when your battery dies while shaving or the trimmer blades block while you were swiftly moving.
Since then, I always use a power outlet and move slowly, rinsing the blades inbetween.

I usually shave both head and face with electric razors with both combs set to the longest setting(about once a month). But I´m growing out both during the summer

Generally :wink:

1 Like

I can’t find the right picture/book right now, but there is a book (with the gnomes David the gnome is based on) which has the saying “a beardless kiss is like a saltless egg”

Here’s another random picture from another book from the same author/artist, with children songs and rhymes.

4 Likes

Don’t go there! It’s like a thousand tiny pins stabbing you in the leg (or wherever) and I found it missed loads of hairs anyway. Smooth as silk my arse!

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter, I’m curious about all experiences - so, thanks for sharing it. :slight_smile: My experiences are very similar to yours. With the exception that I’ve not a bald head. :wink:

What Sushi said: Create them! :slight_smile:

Pro-Tip: Shave yourself in the shower (don’t turn on the water of course :wink: ) and put an old newspaper on the ground. This sounds very odd but you can just “pick up” the newspaper after shaving. The shower curtain or the door prevent the hairs from getting scattered around the bathroom.

:+1: (Well, at the moment I’m changing the look more often.)

Why not using normal razors (for men)? And how about Laser?

Oh yes! Never shave with batteries!

I’ve got quite sensitive skin so I use a fancy-pancy ‘ladies’ (yuck) razor. As I understand it laser only works for hairs that are quite dark/distinct. The hairs on my legs are quite fair so it probably wouldn’t detect them all. I don’t think it’s intended for large areas.

2 Likes

The men and ladies shavers are the same. The only differences are the color and maybe the form. Beside that, we men have a sensitive skin too (and we have some “exclusive” diseases, btw.).

Hm… I haven’t any experiences with Lasers but the ads from the different “Laser services” here in my city sound like they can remove every kind of hair … :thinking:

In general, yes. But there are some features you tend to only find on women’s ones (five blades, aloe vera strip, bends with the contour of one’s legs). I’ve used men’s razors before in an emergency and found them much too harsh.

1 Like

Is the minimum for men’s razors nowadays. And here is one with an aloe vera strip:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/12-of-the-best-wet-shave-razors-for-men/cornerstone/

There are body razors for men.

/edit: I don’t want you to buy a razor for men. :wink:

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hm, you may be on to something here. I wonder if it’s cheaper. The blades for mine are £14 for a pack of four :persevere:

This is more about something else but. Are you guys also prone to sunburns? Just from your pictures it seems to me like your skin is so fair that it turns red very fast. My dad is like that, for some reason I´m a little darker so I can stand quite a bit of sun exposure before I turn brown.

Yep, I get sunburnt easily. Recently the tops of my shoulders have been getting burnt, even though I always put plenty of suncream on them.

3 Likes

Yeah a bit. I’m okay if I put sun cream on but when I forget I catch the sun quite easily. But then it usually turns to tan, so it’s okay :smile: All my freckles come out too :neutral_face:

4 Likes