Easy. Trump and his enablers.

7 Likes

Good choice. In they go!

1 Like

:door: five-carriage trains in the sweltering heat :sweat:

2 Likes

:door: sweltering heat :sweat:

2 Likes

:door: The empty train car that gets your hopes up for a seat… until you step on and smell it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Uh-oh! Hope you didn´t stumble into The Midnight Meat Train! :open_mouth:

Oh no! :open_mouth: :hocho: :hocho: :cut_of_meat:

:dizzy_face:

hastily checks if the story took place in NY Ah yes!

1 Like

I do that a lot. YES, a seat! NO, toilet carriage :sob:

1 Like

So bad trains are left without care nowadays, and it seems a thing pretty common in countries of western world…
I will never agree with the design choice of sealing off the windows. I mean: is this for safety? Don’t people know It is dangerous to lean out? Nicht hinauslehnen! E’ pericoloso sporgersi! Ne pas se pencher au dehors!
I’ve read it so many times I’ve learned four languages! No kidding!
Or is it for air conditioning? Yeah, air conditioning of the same smell which is carried around through all the wagon!
I want the windows back! Train poetry!

:door: Sealed off windows in newly designed trains.
I bet the penguins don’t have the same smell as humans, 'cause it’s for them they set A/C at 22 degrees while outside temperature is ten degrees higher! (And laws request to set it at 3-4 degrees less than outside temperature and never less than 26! at least in Italy)
:door: Air conditioning at 22 degrees in summer

1 Like

I bet they do, but if anyone falls out, it’s the train companies that will get blamed. Like with pedestrians on the road and car drivers.

No air con at 26 degrees?! :upside_down_face:

The perfect temperature for summer! Don’t you agree? I know it’s a limit-temperature for you but I can ensure you that when we have 28 degrees at noon I’m happy! I start to lose patience when it reaches 29, 30, 32 …in the shade! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you sure about that? I’m prone to think it’s more to avoid the bother of a trial where they could be involved in some ways like for scarce manteinance, or things like that, not to mention trains have to stop to allow police and others to act on the railway…

:bookmark_tabs: Body… starting… to… pixelate… :memo:

3 Likes

It was around 28 degrees every day in Nice, at least according to the forecast. Sometimes it felt pleasant, other times I had to duck in the shade every five minutes. Either way, in the evenings I felt quite worn out, and I didn’t fare too well then when it wasn’t cooling down at all.

In other words: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I think their top priority is avoiding blame, from a legal point of view (and also their reputation among customers), rather than the actual safety of their passengers.

2 Likes

I mean: without the chance of opening the windows… I could die from the smell, too!

2 Likes

Or from the heat… on the rare occasions that the UK has it :stuck_out_tongue:
This has been the warmest summer we’ve had for a long time!

By the way, “to die for” is kind of the opposite of “to die from”.
That cake is to die for! - I really want that cake.
He died from eating the cake - you really don’t want that cake :wink:

3 Likes

:door: Fatigue

2 Likes

Can you have a nap or is now not appropriate?