What would you put in Room 101?

I just had one actually, but I feel almost more tired now.

Aw. Hang in there until bub-eyes time.

1 Like

Yes, there were many accidents. (Beside that you guessed already the funny air conditioners.) Especially with (dumb) kids. Rule of thumb: Don’t put your head out of the window if a cargo train approaches on the side track.

A big problem in Germany is IMHO the lack of conductors.

Even better: The German air conditioners stop working at 24 degrees!

2 Likes

Erleben Sie bei uns Kälteschock und Fieberwahn -
senk ju for träveling wis Deutsche Bahn! :notes:

3 Likes

Indeed! :slight_smile:

(To all non-Germans: Actually the air conditioners stopped working in the past. And because of the sealed windows they had a sauna in the trains. Many people collapsed. I’m curious if this will happen this year again… )

1 Like

This happens over here a lot, too. Some trains don’t even have air conditioning. But we can open our (narrow) windows.

1 Like

Only 2 to 3 degrees of separation between perfect temperature and too hot?
That’s really sensitive. I’d say most people can only feel 5 degree differences. Plus the fact you get acclimated to temperatures too.

AC at 16 for now! It probably does 21 or something, but still standing half-naked in front of it after hiking a few miles in 35 degree (more in the sun) is just heavenly!
My apologies to nature and earth! (Although I assume the electricicity is produced with photovoltaic cells)

1 Like

I’d say that’s about right. Yesterday’s 32 was noticeably hotter to me than the 30 the day before. Also when it’s a certain - ahem - time of the month I’m generally 1 degree hotter (as is common), and I can feel that difference too.

3 Likes

Is this from a game? Which one? Looks nice.
We officially broke all the heat records in Finland, so my brains have drained.

1 Like

From a game? Here it is so hot that this is literally what reality looks like now.

2 Likes

Since you asked me to let you know if something is wrong, that should be ‘my brain has drained’ :slightly_smiling_face:

(Unless you have two brains, which you may, since I don’t know you personally.)

2 Likes

Why have I heard the phrase “my brains” before then?

I don’t know actually - it is used as plural in some phrases thinking about it. But mostly slang like ‘blow your brains out’ or ‘the brains of the operation’.

But I’m pretty sure the organ is just ‘brain’. That’s what we say at work (we produce a lot of information about about body parts).

1 Like

Ah yeah, guess that is what I was thinking of.

Yeah that goes without saying saying.

1 Like

I juggled with this a bit. Brains is a combinations of brain lobes. In Finnish it’s always plural. “The brain” is a mastermind.

1 Like

He sure is…

Same in Dutch: “het brein” (always singular is the mastermind or the organ), but usually we say “de hersenen” for the organ, which is always plural.

1 Like

In English it would be ‘brain lobes’, but still one singular ‘brain’. Brain refers to both the organ and the mind, though ‘brains’ is sometimes an idiom for intelligence (“she ain’t got no brains”).

1 Like

As is also…
3a71961278c6b6902597c9f7d2baac5e--facial-recognition-tv-movie

1 Like

I’ve said the word ‘brain’ so many times now in my… er… brain, that it’s lost all braining. I brain meaning. I mean meaning.

2 Likes