What would you put in Room 101?

:door: retail companies with poor online order systems

2 Likes

In what way?

I tried to order some stuff from Boots today. I couldn’t fit my work address into the boxes because of a really small character limit. So I tried ordering it for collection from store, went all the way through the process then got a really not user friendly error message.

Just frustrating!

Yeah, that sounds annoying! :confused:

1 Like

:open_book: the comments section of Youtube or any news site

4 Likes

There are channels and news sites with reasonable comment sections. :stuck_out_tongue:

(E.g., Wanted Adventure on YouTube and Tweakers.net for news.)

:door: Neighbors partying all night long …

(Oh, we have a new door emoji? I liked the red one …)

2 Likes

so :door: new door emoji?

3 Likes

Whaaaaat?

:door: :door:

4 Likes

:door: :door:

Mmm… it seems they even retro-actively changed the emojis!
A few days ago, you could still see the previous versions with the ?v=5 modifier.

:door: updates in emojis
:door: retroactive updates in emojis ! I mean the new one might bring across another message

2 Likes

I mean, we cannot go back and edit old posts, but they can?!

I am afraid to look at how messed up threads like these will be:

2 Likes

Hmm, I can still see the old crazy face in that thread (current one is :crazy_face: )

1 Like

I remember that happening before. I was sad when my second emoji in this post changed - it was an open-mouth dismay kind of look which IMHO was much more fitting and amusing than the sad face it’s been turned into. I used to like looking back at that early interaction, hurrumph. (I’m also not sure what happened to the quoting there but that’s beside the point.)

I guess this will happen occasionally as they update them.

1 Like

I was about to write it like that, but I was afraid to be too cryptic!:sweat_smile:

No, they didn’t. They simple changed the graphics of the site, but the codes of the emojis (which are embedded in the messages) remain the same.

Anyway I have the same problem since I usually choose the emoji on the smart bar of my computer. Sometimes after posting I find the corresponding icon in discourse isn’t fitting.

That’s quite odd. They share the same code.

I saw yesterday there was something new when I noticed this face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I cant see anymore the old heart-shaped eyes face, even if the new one has a whole new code

2 Likes

For a few days that was a blank space in my emoji list.

This one :heart_eyes: ? :worried:
(Do you mean in old posts, or any posts? I can’t remember it looking any different.)

1 Like

I used to think :exploding_head: was an emoji for a joke/reference going over someone’s head. With a little red arrow above his head.

Also, I could never work out what emotion :triumph: was supposed to be for. I used to think those white things were hands. Now they look more like steam coming out of his nose. Still think it’s a weird emoji for “triumph”…

3 Likes

:door: ambiguous emojis

3 Likes

Ok, let’s just go back to the good ole colon-n-parentheses :-)

3 Likes

Ah yes, makes sense. Well it doesn’t, but you know what I mean. Still it is cheating the versioning system. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: