What would you put in Room 101?

Do you have problems abstracting in general or only in this case?

1 Like

hi everybody!
let’s take the ax to the wax
which someone said is on the tracks
cuz we all gotta perform miracles
to wax off all these syllables
ax wax whatever it’s mad max
do you think Furiosa gets her ass waxed?

2 Likes

What a day! What a lovely day!

Eminem already made a song about a lovely Pooh Butt Day.

We are talking about waxing. Hairs. I don’t wax my legs, my chest, etc. And I don’t get it why women do that.

That kinda answers my question, I guess.

:spiral_notepad: avoid metaphors and abstract analogues when talking to @Someone

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by ‘trinkets’ in that context, but I meant it in the sense of making an effort (the clothes example was a bit tongue-in-cheek :wink:)

Not more important, but it’s natural to feel more comfortable around friends than strangers.

That’s not a good example either. As I’m sure you know, hairy legs on girls aren’t viewed quite the same as hairy chests on men.

1 Like

Hm… I know a lot of men who are waxing or shaving their chest. There are even special “body” razors for men.

Some women.

You don’t shave?

Not nearly as well as you might think I’d say. Americans and Brits are much more obsessed with all this stuff.

Yes, because it looks ‘better’, not because it’s a social expectation.

I don’t agree here. :slight_smile:

I know it varies between cultures - I can only really speak for mine.

You know being a guy I´m not in the best position. I´ll leave it to @tasse-tee now to convince you.

1 Like

You don’t think it’s a social expectation for girls to shave their legs? I’m not talking about you personally, I’m talking about society in general.

Maybe it’s just different in Germany then.

Nope. Not for a good two decades now.

1 Like

It is these days thanks to successful advertising by American (?) depilatory wax companies, but it’s still a social expectation of lesser force.

My wife doesn’t do it (anymore) because I don’t really like it that much anyway and obviously no one enjoys doing it…

1 Like

We don’t make ourselves look nice just for other people, you know! We do it for ourselves.

*mic drop*

5 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

If it were just for myself I’d shave every two weeks or so, when it starts to get a bit itchy. Shaving every couple of days is definitely for projecting a certain image.

There are things I do for myself that have the side effect of making me look nicer (e.g., strength is also muscle tone).

The clothes I wear to work fall somewhere in the middle. Obviously I can’t wear truly comfortable clothes, but nicer clothing is actually more comfortable as well. At home I just wear some sweatpants or something.

3 Likes

See @Frenzies post above. I agree with him.