What would you put in Room 101?

:door: people who brag.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s not a bad theory, actually.

Texting is so much easier and quicker now - I remember my very first mobile phone only had 9 buttons for all the letters, so to type a “c” you had to press “1” three times and wait a few seconds before it would insert the letter. With texting / messaging you can think through your responses, and you don’t even have to read a message properly as soon as you receive it. On the other hand, when you get a phone call from a random person, you immediately have to work out exactly what they want from you and give them a satisfactory response, or else be judged by the invisible person on the other end :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

And speaking of (mobile) phones:

:door: Display phones in shops that have bulky security devices attached to the back of them, right in the centre, so you can’t easily test how the phone feels in your hand.

My experiences today. At least the Samsung shop realises it’s a bad idea though, and their security devices are only attached to the bottom edge of the phones.

3 Likes

I was just about to say that I’m not the one that is calling @tasse-tee since years… :wink:

Of course! And after that I’ll ask immediately if there is Edna calling. :wink:

3 Likes

:door: people putting their phones on vibrate only and the whole table/desk/building starts to buzz because it was set to vibrate level EARTHQUAKE.

5 Likes

You are now complaining about ANYTHING. Are you sure you’re not everybody Italian people?! :blush:

3 Likes

I also really struggle to find shops that have a working version of the phone I want to look at. Last time after trying about five shops, I asked in one last place and the assistant said, just a sec, and I thought, oh good. Then they came back with a plastic dummy version :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:door: Phones that get bigger and bigger. I’m waiting for the day when a handle has to be attached to the back in order to … well … handle them.

Still not quite sure how to replace my aging Blackberry Z10. The two candidates left would be the iPhone SE, or a couple compact models from Sony, and neither of these companies have me thrilled to throw money at them.

1 Like

This thread right now:

3 Likes

These things are very popular in the UK right now. They have a sticky adhesive on the back that lets you attach them to the back of your phone.

1 Like

When I was due for an upgrade, I got the iPhone SE. It’s the only one that looked small enough to still fit in my pocket!

those popsockets actually amplify the noise it makes when vibrating if you lay the phone on it’s back (since it isn’t flat anymore)

1 Like

No problem, man!

2 Likes

The idea wasn’t that bad but the first version having only 2G was ridiculous.
So be careful with the older new versions of this phone :slightly_smiling_face:.
I’ve heard the 2018 model finally has Bluetooth 4!

Fine for my mum who doesn’t use mobile internet :laughing: it was cheaper than the 3G (they sell both versions over here).

I couldn’t tell what’s the difference in practical terms. The cell phone provides a better reception, maybe?

I also love the flip mobile phones: so handy! So bad they sometimes call them “phones for seniors”: how dare they! :laughing:

The battery lasts longer and the phone’s cheaper. But yeah apart from that, not much difference. I guess they just wanted a ‘lite’ version (they sell them side by side here rather than the 2G being an ‘old’ model).

Haha, yeah, how rude! :laughing: I remember wanting one of those so I could flip it open and look cool.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Those old networks will be shutdown eventually. If you want to use a phone for as long as possible it should support as many standards as possible.
2G/3G/LTE/4G etc. You don’t necessarily need the speed but you want the coverage.

2 Likes