What's for dinner?

Oh yeah, that’s true!

Twixmen and castlemen. It’s been an exciting few days for Kate.

1 Like

Consider it an early birthday present! :wink: :gift:

1 Like

…or maybe you’re just underestimating @Guga’s art in passing himself for a nice british girl, you Mr. Cocky Guy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It would be perfect, here, a pic of Guga wearing a wig…

4 Likes

While technically in possession of the neccessary material to produce the proper photoshop, I´d rather refrain, out of being in posession of a thing called “good taste”.

2 Likes

When I was 14 I began playing around with photoshop and put my face onto a (female) model, printed it and hanged it in class. It took quite some time for our Latin Literature teacher to notice that it was me. I’ve always thought I could have been a very beautiful girl if I had been born female - I think I’ll know for sure in 10 to 15 years, since my daughter is my clone.

1 Like

But isn’t it said that girls look like their mothers? :thinking:

Really? I’ve always heard that girls look like their fathers.

However, the resemblance between me and my daughter is really uncanny.

Well, the first time I saw her I thought “whoa, she looks like the gynaecologist”, but after two months it was pretty clear that she was mine :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Who says that? And not true!

Seems you looked at “her” a tad bit too soon.

People say I look like my mum, but those who knew my dad say I’m the absolute spit of him. Me and my mum have very similar mannerisms so I think that influences people when they see us together – to me we don’t look very much alike.

1 Like

It’s strange how people see resemblances. For example, everyone kept telling me and my sister that we look alike, things like “oh, is this your brother? you look the same!” and we were always baffled, because we never absolutely thought that we could look similar.

But then, after my daughter was born and I saw pictures of my sister as a baby, I noticed what they had in common and began seeing what we have in common too. Now I can’t unsee the resemblance between me and my sister.

Or, my daughters are quite similar… or so they say. There are even people that ask us if they are twins, but we always saw them extremely different. It seems that what you notice, the features you give importance to when you’re watching a new face are different than what you look at when the face is familiar.

4 Likes

My aunt recently said I look just like my dad, which is now understandable since we both have beards, wear glasses and have short hair. But I´ve been even told that when I had long hair, no beard and no glasses. So whoever saw the similiarties must have paid good attention. :man_shrugging:

And my cousin´s two daughters each look like one half of their parents, one more like the mother (blonde, fair) the other more like the father(darker hair and lightly darker skin tone).

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s definitely the case. Because you know the people you don’t see it the same way. I knew a set of identical twins for a long time and could easily tell them apart, but anyone who had just met them couldn’t.

3 Likes

It’s said that if you marry a girl, you have to look at two persons:

• Her mother, because that’s how she looks like in several years.
  • Her best (girl-)friend, because that could be your worst opponent (for example during a divorce).

I’ve heard that very often during my life. :slight_smile:

:point_up: That many carries the word “scientist” in his job description, you guys!

1 Like

Time for a study? :wink:

Always!

1 Like

I’ve also heard that “women tend to marry men that somehow remind them of their fathers”, and if I think of my father-in-law or my sister’s husband I do see some similarity in personality.

They also say “be the kind of person you’d want your daughter to marry”. If they end up marrying someone like me I’d be happy, at least they’ll have decent taste in music.

1 Like

Since we’re all awfully off topic, I’ll push it a little bit further.

I, myself, don’t quite look like my siblings.

This is me:
bernard

This is my brother:
jeff

7 Likes

But there’s definitely a resemblance around the eyes …

The problem is that we don’t think that we look like our siblings, because we know each others extremely well.

Wouldn’t that end in a situation where you spend more time with your son-in-law (for example playing video games) than your daughter? :wink: