What's for dinner?

Fun fact:

My grandfather (the father of my mum) died in late 1987.
Ok, this is not funny. The funny part will come eventually.
My mother found, among his personal belongings, some old 8mm reels, dating from the 50es to the 60es.
So she took them to a lab, and got the movies on a vhs. We organized a family projection. One of the movies was my mother’s confirmation. “Look Ema, you’ll see mum at your age!” (I would have had my confirmation in may, 1988).

The whole family was shocked when we saw a clone of me in a white long dress…

4 Likes

Oh, come on. I wear glasses, I have dark eyes and hair, and I’m not quite a sporty guy… my brother is blond, with blue hair eyes and he’s a jock! I thought the pics would have been clear enough :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, but what about the dinners, the beautiful delicious dinners

6 Likes

From my own experiences I can assure that this doesn’t matter. :slight_smile: You think that you look different. But that couldn’t be the case.

@Calypso has said that we can go off-topic in off-topic topics in the off-topic category as we like. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Beside that: I only get hungry if you all post those delicious dinners. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

3 Likes

It looks like we desperately need an official genealogy thread to take the heat off the dinner thread

1 Like

Well, my language thread wasn’t split up too - so: No. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How about as a compromise we discuss the genealogy of our dinners?

2 Likes

Ok. But please without posting pics. :wink:

Can you suggest a dinner you wouldn’t like, that we can post pictures of?

1 Like

In general: The delicious ones!

Regarding my answer to @Paul: Would you like to see pics of your dinner you have already eaten in the past? :wink:

1 Like

No I meant are they any dinners or food you dislike, that we can post pictures of :wink:

1 Like

That sort of food doesn’t exist actually. :wink:

2 Likes

Ahahah… strange how our mind works… I wanted to write “eyes”, but I wrote “hair”. Quite common.

What is uncommon is that my brain somehow recorded that. I just logged in because I had a “pop” in my mind one minute ago… “I wrote ‘hair’ instead of ‘eyes’ by mistake! I must fix it”

2 Likes

So you like pizza with fries now?

1 Like

No, but pictures are Ok.

I had ostrich steaks. Do you like ostrich? I do.

I do, but I’ve eaten it only a few times.

Me too, it seems a bit rare here which is weird because we even have ostrich farms in the region, but those in the supermarket usually come from south africa.