What's for dinner?

Tonight’s Duty Free dessert.

Cat for scale.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

(At first sight I haven’t seen the chocolate bar and thought the cat would be the dessert… :hushed:)

2 Likes

Haha, amazing what you can pick up at the airport these days :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. I also read “cat for sale”.

2 Likes

Gasp! Sam-Sam is not on the market!

1 Like

2 Likes

I have been craving kebab for weeks but since we’re constantly struggling with eating healthy we postponed until yesterday. The problem is that we don’t know good kebab places and in 9 months living here we only ordered kebab once and it was disappointing so we needed to try a new place.

Well, it was even worse. Next one will probably be in December at the rate we’re going.

Oh dear. I hope you find a decent place on your next attempt!

I quite like kebabs but I can’t think of anyone else I know who does. So I hardly ever eat them. Over here they’ve got a bit of a reputation as food you eat when smashed off your face - which is a shame, as proper Turkish places do really good, authentic ones that aren’t just fast food trash.

I had some similar issues comprehending the concept of a hamburger as a possibly “gourmet” food over a decade ago. Culture clash with Americans. :smiley:

But I’d say cheap kebab is generally better than a cheap burger. Is that different in the UK?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d say it’s the other way round here - a cheap kebab would be considered ‘dirtier’ than a cheap burger. Especially since there are lots of burger chains here now but mostly only ‘quickie’ kebab places.

1 Like

Since germany has a similar history with turkey as the US has with mexico they are basically “our mexicans” so kebab is the streetfood no.1 over here. I couldn´t think of any fancy “sit down” places where you would eat one with a knife and fork. But I guess there might be.

In recent years more individual burger chains have gained popularity here that aren´t fast food so I think the situation in general might be close to how it´s in england here now.

1 Like

Shawarmas are the thinking-man’s kebab, especially chicken ones.

1 Like

Kebabs are considered the low-tier fast food here. The epitome of unhealthy but satisfying.

However, there was a very good kebab place in Zurich, they also did some strange gourmet kebab thing with truffles and stuff. The best kebab I’ve ever had - if you’ll ever find yourself in Zurich, go to Ayverdi’s.

3 Likes

Ooh not seen that restaurant before.

I quite like doner meat and chips sometimes, if I can’t be arsed with bread and want to get straight to the meat. All smothered in garlic sauce of course :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Gosh, where have sweet potato fries been all my life?

2 Likes

Sitting inside the potatoes, waiting for you. You took your time and now they’re all dead.

2 Likes

Is that the comeback for that “living donut” thing I made you imagine the other day?

Um. Yes.

1 Like

According to a comic I drew in high school, food is happy to die from eating because it fulfills its goal. It’s science.

3 Likes

For some reason his(?) facial expression amuses me greatly :laughing:

And the placement of the chocolate bar. It looks like the nuts ‘n berries n’ stuff were left behind by the cat as… uh… a little present :rofl:

2 Likes